Safe Inside. Part One.

Summary: 'Will you call me to tell me you're alright?, 'Cause I worry about you the whole night'
Warnings: 18+ in some places, hint of smut happening. Language.
Requested: Yes - anon

***

The door to Arrow House flew open with force as you marched through, the thin material of your dress flying behind you, your heels clicking on the stone floor.

Francis rushed out of the lounge "Miss L/N are you okay?" she looked alarmed.

"Where's Tommy?" You asked stopping in front of the maid "In his office, he wished to be left alone" she bumbled over her words.

You shook your head "Thank you Francis" you quipped starting your route once again.

"Thomas Shelby" you yelled opening the door to his office, he looked up from his paperwork

"I'm busy" he stood up, hands planted on the desk "No not right now" you glared at him, stepping forward hands on your hip.

Tommy sat back in his chair with a sigh.

"how dare you tell Esme, that I'm not allowed to go out with her tonight, how fucking dare you" you were almost screaming at him.

He rose an eyebrow at you "sit down" he almost growled.

You knew you'd wound him up "The Garrison is fine, but you're not going off to some place in Digbeth" he lit a cigarette.

"You can't keep me cooped up in Small Heath, Tommy" you slumped in the chair.

Tommy ran his hands over his face, balancing his cigarette in the ash tray "Keeping you cooped up, is that what you call it eh?" he stood up making his way round to sit on the edge of his desk.

You nodded slowly, before he carried on his rant "I'm giving you everything, I'm trying to keep you safe, if you want to act like a child I can treat you like one"

He hadn't broke your eye contact "There's currently a lot of shit happening with some men, they know you're my girl and they will try to hurt you" he was resting his hands just above his knee's watching

You were watching him cautiously "I'm not asking to be treated like a child" you whispered.

Tommy sighed once more "Just please do as I ask for a few weeks"

You nodded slowly letting out a deep sigh "I am not going to be the married woman who stays at home" standing from the chair placing yourself in front of him.

"I said you can go to The Garrison, Isaiah and Finn will be there to watch over you" he picked up his cigarette taking a drag.

You rolled your eyes "A night out with your kid brother and his friend as my protectors?" you scoffed turning away from him.

Tommy almost growled in frustration "I just want you safe" he retorted as you stalked towards the door.

"Yeah well we're not married yet Tom, so I'll do what I please for now" you pulled open the door.

"We won't be married at all if you get yourself killed" he got up from the edge of his desk muttering to himself as he sat back in his chair, picking up the phone to call John.

***

You linked arms with Esme as you entered the Digbeth Jazz club, you had been allowed entry on the word that you were girls of the Peaky Blinders.

The music was blaring, drinks were being served at tables and the pair of youwere laughing as you clinked your glasses.

"To having fun without the men" Esme cackled as you sipped on the wine.

You could feel the two men watching you both from the bar, you nudged Esme's foot under the table and gestured towards them "Tommy's men?" you questioned.

Esme took a few quick glances "I don't recognise them" she frowned as they started their way across the bar towards your table.

"Fuck sake" Esme cursed as you both grabbed your bags, containing the hand guns from John and Tommy.

"Do the Shelby men know their ladies are here?" the blonde haired man asked.

"Of course" You tapped her cigarette on the corner of the ash tray.

Esme gave you a look as one of the men slid his arm around the back of the booth, his hand resting on your shoulder.

The blonde's friend placed his hand on Esme's knee she grabbed his hand pushing his fingers back "don't. fucking. touch. us" she hissed.

The blonde pulled you into his side "Oh the Shelby girls think they're tough" he laughed nodding at his friend.

He snatched up both your bags, Esme's eyes widened, You felt your heart rate speed up as his grip got tighter.

The commotion from the front of the club caused both men to stop, by each the side of the booth appeared John and Arthur with Tommy stood in the middle.

"Interupting the ladies evening are we, eh?" Tommy cocked a brow in their direction.

You hadn't dared make eye contact with him knowing the temper he would be building right that second.

"Well if they want to enter one of our clubs then they're asking for it" the braver blonde guy spoke up first.

Arthur had him round the neck in a matter of seconds, John launching for the second man.

Tommy was in his face as fast as Arthur had grabbed him "You'll never go anywhere near these ladies again" he hissed his gun pointed to the temple.

"Like I said man, they step in here what do they expect from us, out on the town like two whores" he spat.

Tommy's finger curled on the trigger, until he felt your hand curl around his bicep, John had beaten the other guy to the ground his foot on his face.

Esme was downing the wine "Tommy, he's not worth it"you whispered.

The guy laughed lightly "whipped are we Shelby?" Tommy pulled the gun away firing it into the ceiling.

"Take his eyes Arthur" he instructed as Arthur pulled his flatcap off, you buried your face in Tommy's chest as the man screamed in pain.

***

Tommy was storming into the house, You following him straight up the stairs to the bedroom, he was busy undressing as you stood in the doorway, unsure of what to do next.

"Get ready for bed, y/n" He muttered.

You stepped over the threshold "I'm so sorry Tommy" you whispered.

He looked over to you finally, stepping across the room in just his underwear, pushing you against the wall.

"I thought I'd fucking lost you, just as fast as I found you" he was breathing heavy.

His eyes flashing across your face "I can't lose you, I fucking can't" he sighed forehead pressed with yours.

"Tommy, I-" his lips pressed with yours, pinning your arms above your head.

"You're the only one who gets me out of my head, who helps me sleep, I won't lose you" he was pecking at your lips.

You pushed your hips against his as he dropped your hands, you carded your fingers through his hair.

"You won't, you won't lose me" you sighed dropping your head to kiss at his neck.

"I was so fucking scared, I just wanted to keep you safe, not keep you trapped in this house, in Small Heath" he tapped your hip, you jumped so you were in his arms.

Tommy carried you to your shared bed, nudging his nose against yours.

"You're mine, I'm yours and I won't let anything come between us" he dropped you gently onto the mattress.

Crawling over you, tugging at your underwear pulling it from your suspenders "Nothing you're my life Tommy Shelby" you sighed as he claimed you as his once more.