(RB/RBA) Hot n Cold :: Heatwave x Human! Reader

Heatwave is incredibly distant. He's one time cuddly and the next time he's cold. You decided to one day confront him about the situation. Which leads to a shocking confession.

A/n: The reader is gender neutral. I wanted to try out gender neutral readers.

⋅-˚̣-✧-–-⭒-⊹-⭒-–-✧-˚̣⋅

You watched as Heatwave once again avoided you for the second time this week. He was cuddly then the next time he was distant. You wondered why. You tried to ask the other rescue bots but they had no clue on why Heatwave was acting like this. Kade however explained that Heatwave was always like this. You just had to accept it. You thought Heatwave was like this after he rescued you from a burning building. He wasn't normally close to his rescue friends.

The other bots made that clear as well. You tried to clear your mind off the distance that Heatwave was taking from you. Although both of you weren't "together" you often cuddle him after something terrible happens. It's more of a friendly one. You were taught that by your family members whenever you'd have a bad day they cuddle you. You honestly tried to downplay the feelings you had for the Hotheaded Leader. He shouldn't have to care for your well-being. You two are in different points of your lives. You were a graduate student, that dropped out of college to enlist in the army. And he's a big robot leader protecting the earth, he shouldn't turn around and worry about you all the time. He wasn't your parents. You were just a run of the mill human like Cody and Frankie. You weren't important.

You weren't important.

That scentance was true. You weren't important. You never were. Hell, even Cody and Frankie are more important and that's saying something, those two were kids. Cody was helpful to the Rescue Bots. While Frankie was a daughter of a pretty smart Scientist. While you, you were just a college dropout with 0 qualifications. You did enlist in the army. But even that didn't happen. A family emergency happened which led you to not take the chance of a lifetime.

You weren't feeling to well. You were waiting for Heatwave to return to the base. You decided to go home.

"Hey. Chase. I'm going home." You said to the police car.

"Ah. Alright (Y/n), please be safe." He said. You nodded, he only cared because it's dangerous sometimes. That's why they only care. Is because your safety matters to them. You didn't matter.

───── ❝ 🔥ʜᴇᴀᴛᴡᴀᴠᴇ's ᴘᴏᴠ🔥 ❞ ─────

It took awhile for me to put out a forest fire that got out of hand. After this is all done I can go and finally talk to (Y/n), they were extremely worried for me. I did nothing but push them away. All they wanted was for me to talk to them. But, I as a leader needed to keep a strict relationship, that isn't a good look. But, to be honest. They do look cute when they hold their head whenever they bump it on something. It's cute-- Gah! Heatwave focus! I finally pull up to the base. Kade exited from the car and I transformed back and entered the base. I looked everywhere for (Y/n). They weren't normally where they are supposed to be. I sighed.

"Hey Chase where is (Y/n)?" I asked.

"Oh (Y/n)? You just missed them. They went home an hour ago. They said they weren't feeling well." Chase said.

They weren't feeling well? I felt a dread in my spark. Something seems off. Usually when they aren't feeling well they stick around for me, then they leave. Why did they leave without informing me? Was I a little distant? I thanked Chase and drove to (Y/n)'s house. It wasn't far from the base thankfully. Once I got to the house, I transformed. And got a key from under the pot. I came around often to their house, much like usual this wasn't different I opened the door and invited myself in. The house was quiet. Oddly quiet, I still felt the dread in my spark.

I opened the door further and closed it behind me. I searched around for (Y/n). They weren't on the first floor. So it was normal to check the upstairs floor.

I walked up the stairs. I saw that (Y/n)'s room was opened. I was about to enter but that seemed a little too much. I was polite. I knocked first.

"Who's that?" Their voice was heard.

"It's uh. It's me Heatwave." I said.

Silence were heard before a shuffling sound were heard.

"Why did you come here?" They asked me. They looked far from the (Y/n) I loved. I motioned to their bed.

"Is everything alright?" I asked as I sat on their bed. They looked at me tiredly.

"Well... It's nothing... If I didn't worry you, you won't be here." They messed with their hair.

"That's not... That's not true..." I said.

"Heatwave. Why do you care? You've been awfully distant..." (Y/n) said.

"...I mean... I have a job to do?" I said.

"... It's not that only! You also avoid me like I'm the plague!" They said.

I felt like Scrap.

"Often... You change your mind like how a girl changes clothes!" They spat out.

"Can you tell me why you left base without telling me?" I asked placing my servo on their hand.

"..." They sighed.

"Well... I just got these thoughts... It's just... I feel like I'm not important..." They admitted.

"Why would you think that?" I asked.

"It's... Honestly because I realize that I like you. But when I think of it more. We're both different. You're a leader of a team and I'm a unimportant human. Frankie and Cody are more important than me! And they are just kids!!" (Y/n) said.

I was in awe. Was she always thinking about this?

"And you care because your obliged too. I'm stuck in a reality where nothing is true!" They cried.

I was shocked. "You know. I... I don't just care about you because I am obliged too. I care for you for a reason." I said.

"...and that reason isn't Chase, Blades, and Boulders reason. It's my reason. I wasn't programmed to act like this. I didn't wake up to this. I gained these feelings on my own. I care because I am rather fond and I love you." I finally say.

"...You really mean this?" They asked

"...I do with the bottom of my spark." I hugged them close.