CHAPTER TWO

ZOEY REJOINED HERMIONE, RON, HARRY, Fred and George, albeit reluctantly

ZOEY REJOINED HERMIONE, RON, HARRY, Fred and George, albeit reluctantly. Zoey zoned out for a few minutes while her brothers, Harry, and Hermione talked, not contributing anything to the conversation.

The door opened, snapping Zoey out of her trance. She watched as Ginny smiled brightly at Harry. "Oh, hello, Harry! I thought I heard your voice."

"So did people in China." Zoey muttered bitterly, still grouchy from her row with Harry.

Ginny cocked an eyebrow at her older sister before turning to Fred and George. "It's no good with the Extendable Ears, she's gone and put an Imperturbable Charm on the kitchen door."

"How do you know?" George asked, shoulders slumping in defeat.

"Tonks told me who to find out." Ginny said, taking a seat next to Zoey on her bed. "You just chuck stuff at the door and if it doesn't make contact the door's been Imperturbed. I've been flinging Dungbombs at it from the top of the stairs and they just bounced away, so there's no was the Extendable Ear will be able to get under the gap."

Fred sighed sadly. "Shame. I really fancied finding out what old Snape's been up to."

"Snape?" Harry said quickly. "Is he here?"

"Yeah," George nodded, closing the door and sitting on one of the beds. "Giving a report. Top secret."

"Git." Fred mumbled absentmindedly.

"He's on our side now." Hermione reminded the group.

"Doesn't stop him from being a right old git. Rowena, I can't stand him. Always making comments about Finn's blood-status. Merlin, he just makes me want to-" The quill that was in Zoey's hands snapped. "Damn. That's the second one this week. I'll have to get Tonks to fix it."

"Bill doesn't like Snape either." Ginny added.

"Is Bill here?" Harry questioned. "I thought he was working in Egypt."

"He applied for a desk job so he could work for the Order." Zoey informed him, rolling the quill in between her fingers. George looked over at her before snatching the broken pieces and repairing them with his wand. Zoey gave him a thankful look.

"He says he misses the tombs, but," Fred smirked. "There are other compensations. . ."

"What d'you mean?" Harry asked curiously.

"Remember old Fleur Delacour?" George prompted. "She's got a job at Gringotts to eemprove 'er Eeenglish -"

"And Bill's been giving her a lot of private lessons." Fred snickered.

"Charlie's in the Order too." Zoey stated. "So is his 'friend,' Kayleen Marks. He acts like we don't know that they're in love. But they're still in Romania, Dumbledore wants as many foreign wizards brought in as possible, so Charlie and Kayleen have been trying to make contacts on their days off."