~Two Days~

Fern had no issue in deciding what to take.

They grabbed their things from the car that would now be Liam's whenever he got his permit. They didn't need it-- sure, the car had been nice while it lasted, but they wouldn't need to escape nearly as often now.

They packed up their monitors and computer parts just as quickly. Finally, keeping the boxes for things had come in handy. As they packed, they put all of the information on their phone onto a USB and wiped it completely. On top of the now empty phone, they placed a sticky note that read 'thanks for the trauma :)'.

And then it was just a matter of the clothes and plushes and trinkets that meant something more than they let on. Again, that was simple enough.

By the time Fern and Dream arrived back to the AirBNB, it'd only been an hour. Tubbo came crashing up to the door to greet them, eyeing how they only had a couple boxes to their name.

"That's it?" He asked, smiling bright. "You're done with them?"

Fern nodded, matching his grin and pulling him into a hug.

"All done."

~

Moth [@moth_]
hey guys, legal battle is officially over! i'll be back to regular streaming once i'm done moving in, so i'll see you all then :D

TommyInnit [@TommyInnit]
YEAH POGCHAMP YOU DID IT

Moth [@moth_]
WE DID IT DUDE !!!

Dream [@dream]
congrats dude, you deserve it :)))

Moth [@moth_]
you've already told me this like thirty times just since leaving the office lol

Dream [@dream]
because it's true, duh.

Niki [@Nihachu]
proud of you <3

Moth [@moth_]
ma'am you're going to make me cry

Wilbur [@WilburSoot]
You went through this entire thing without crying and that's what gets you?

Moth [@moth_]
you're telling me you wouldn't cry if niki said she was proud of you?

Wilbur [@WilburSoot]
I would, but I would also cry if any single thing that happened to you happened to me.

Moth [@moth_]
understandable

Mark [@markimoo]
moving in??? moth you're a minor???

Sunny [@sunnydelilah]
i'm. so confused.

~

The group only had two days left together. Time flew once they needed to dedicate a lot of it to getting Fern away, and as much as everyone understood that, they were a little disappointed the group couldn't spend just a bit more time together.

So, Fern proposed a little plan. They'd eat at a different place every night and Fern would tour the group around the town they wouldn't miss and show their friends everything they'd ever found comfort in.

And though Fern didn't tell any of them, they wanted to show them all the shed before they had to say goodbye to it for what would probably be forever.

Besides, they still had some things in there that they needed.

And so it was as simple as that. The night that they came home from making everything official, the group ate out at Ground Round and stopped at three parks on the way back. Fern and Nine and Markus told stories at each one, taking turns standing on the swings like they hadn't since they were little.

And on the first day, they drove everywhere. Fern walked them down the train tracks downtown and told them how Markus had fallen on them when they'd first gotten their licenses and how he'd panicked even though there were no trains coming.

They told the group about the golf course, and how they'd never actually been golfing on it. Instead, they explained, they'd walked the trail behind it so often that they knew every inch and crevice of it. They told the group about how they'd taken pictures for photography in freshman year and how Nine had fallen into the stream with the camera held high above her head to keep it dry.

They walked down the 'beach', explaining that it wasn't, technically, because they'd never even seen an ocean and it was just the river, and pulled Tubbo back when he proclaimed he would swim in it. It was too cold, they explained first, and it was moving much too quickly. Tubbo huffed, but agreed that it had to be bad if Fern said it was cold.

They picked up frogs off of rocks, chasing Tommy and Sapnap around with one they named 'Barnaby' and kissing it on the head when Wilbur told them it would turn into their prince charming. And then, very meticulously, Fern turned around and dropped the frog as carefully as they could before pulling Dream over and holding out their arms again.

"Ta-dah!" They'd yelled, grinning in a way that the group hadn't seen before.

On the second day, Fern took them down River Road for nearly an hour straight. They led the group past the docks and the zoo and the parks until they pulled into a back road and drove for another ten minutes.

Nine and Markus were too busy singing to notice, and nobody else knew what they were supposed to be watching for, so they let the kid who, in hind sight, really shouldn't have been driving so much, lead them to a dead end.

Fern parked the car, turning to Tubbo in the passenger seat and squeezing his hand for a moment before turning around to face the others.

Dream's car, they'd found out, had a lot more space than they'd thought.

They led the group out, ignoring Nine and Markus' giddy yelps the further they walked into the wooded area.

At a random tree in the middle of nowhere, Fern led the group up a ladder and welcomed them to their humble shed. Fern went around for a moment, grabbing a blanket and headphones and books that they were too scared to keep at their parents house.

The group sat in that small room until sundown, talking to each other and playing little games until they finally decided it was time to order some pizza and escape the bugs.

Fern looked back for just a moment, looking up the tree at the place they'd called home for the past four years, and they said a silent goodbye.

On the final day, they all woke up early and straightened up the house. Everyone brought their bags to the door and did a final check of every room before giving the house a clear and piling into what Fern had dubbed the 'Dream Van'.

And as the group all left each other in the airport with hugs cut short and half-assed goodbyes, Fern sat down in their seat next to Dream and looked out the window as they lifted into the air.

They hadn't a clue whether the feeling in their stomach was from the plane taking off or the fact that they were finally leaving.