6 1/2 (pt. 2)

10-26-2036
1206 hours
3 days since launch
On the lunar surface

No POV:

Everyone was having fun bouncing around on the empty surface of the moon, though they knew they had to get some work done.

"Alright... I think we should actually do some work now." Rae's voice called, slightly distorted, over the crew's comms.
"Right." Hudson responded, he had been waiting for someone to say that for the past 40ish minutes.

"Hey Sykkuno, channel 7?" Corpse asked as he slowly walked over to where Sykkuno was.
"Uhm, sure!" Sykkuno said as he turned away from an unfolding panel.

Poki made a fake, exaggerated gasp,
"He's gonna ask Sykkuno out!" She giggled.
"Oh, shut up." Corpse sighed as he adjusted a nob on his helmet to change his comm frequency.

"So what is it?" Sykkuno asked.
"Come over here for a second." Corpse replied as they moved over to a small hole in the ground.

It wasn't very deep, you could step out of it if you wanted, but if you crouched down it would hide most of your body.

Sykkuno's POV:

"Is something wrong?" I questioned as we sat down in the small crater Corpse had lead me too.
"No, no." He said quickly as he sat down.
"Then what is it?"

When Corpse sat down he stared at the ground, almost like how he was when we were in the drop ship.
"I uhm..." He began, he looked up at me.

"Corpse are you sure nothings wrong?" He didn't answer me that time, he just moved his hands up to the collar of his space suit. What are you doing? That will kill you! I thought as he began detaching this helmet from the suit.

The pack that rested on his chest began flashing red as it warned him of the oxygen lost. He took off the helmet and the small screen on the pack deemed him dead as the temperature inside his suit rose to unbearable heat.

(260 degrees Fahrenheit or 127 degrees Celsius. Yes, the moon is hot but only during the day.)

"Corpse!" I shouted as he sat his helmet in his lap. I was too busy panicking to look at his face as I began trying to switch channels to tell the others.

I was just about to change comms when I just barely through my suit, felt someone's hand stop mine. I looked to Corpse. He's alive? The face I made was probably pretty stupid so I'm glad that he couldn't see it through my visor.

(I'm basically just going to describe his avatar here so you can skip it if you want. I'll tell you when it's over if your skipping:] )

I stared at him, dumbfounded. He had semi-short black hair that spun into small messy curls. His eye was bright red. And 3/4 of his face was covered by a faded purple... something.

He had a bunny-ish like ear on the top of his head, and where his mouth should be there were teeth that were arching in upward, like a smile almost. His cheeks looked skeletal and his right eye was entirely white and was glowing dimly.

He had a big brow like thing above his right eye that made him look mad, but this left eye looked calmed. His nose also looked skeletal but it wasn't completely pushed into his face.

(Describing done! :] )

Is he smiling at me? Is he mad? What... what is he?
"Hey are you two done?" Toast interrupted. In that moment I had completely forgotten what we were supposed to do. I jumped up and grabbed Corpse's helmet. I threw it back onto his shoulders and hopped out of the crater.

"Yeah! Yeah, we're coming." I said as I did my best to run to the others. I looked back at Corpse who was putting his helmet back on.

I should tell the others. I have to tell the others. But, I can't....

Tysm for reading! Sorry I haven't been updating this book, I'm pretty sure I'm practically done moving so I will have more time to write now!

Have a good day or night, and drink water! Ily!💗💜💙:]