Chapter 1: First Impression

(*I don't own this photo. All rights to owner)

Lesson 1 : Don't get plastered

6 months earlier

Yue

I balanced my girly drink on one hand and the other held my phone.

Did I say I hated social media?

Well, I do.

There was nothing  cute about letting everyone know your business. Sure, I did have a few hundred followers, but nothing to write home about.

Some thought life was perfect, some hated to see smiling face because they knew it was FAKE!

Fake like the smiling faces of two traitors I was glaring at.

How dare they continue with their lives like nothing happened?

Even my parents congratulated them...

My little sister was getting married.
I should be elated. I was not.

Did I also say I could carry a grudge, and that was a commitment I was taking to my grave along with my pearls.

All with good reasoning of course.

In my very single-minded head, I thought the world should stop and feel sorry for me.
Funny thing was that inside I could be breaking and a few feet away everyone else was cheering.

Deep down I knew it was absurd to hope for everyone suffer with me, specially those two. If there was no sincere apology at the end there won't be no holding back. It was me who need to move on...

But I was a little petty, what was wrong with that?

Was I being selfish? Hell yeah!
And I was allowed to be. Those two didn't deserve happiness but they sure as hell deserved each other.

I knew I shouldn't be drinking alone. I was a lightweight. What can apple martinis do?
It was an emergency. I need an out just for a few hours.

Wallowing at my shared apartment was a no go. I couldn't put up with my roommate always being on my face. She was like honey, sticky and sweet. Also she had a problem with zipping her mouth.

Not all was bad, her blubbering did have perks. Her lack of filters let me to find out she was a teacher, like me. Months living together and never had I perk up my tender ears as fast as she did when she said, "my high school is in need of substitute teachers ASAP!"

At this crisis time in my life I didn't love teaching, but when my savings were biggening to suffer, the part-time café job was not doing if for me. I decided I really needed a more "permanent" job, if we can even call fill-in teachers permanent.