Ch.9 He who remains

~Y/n pov~

"Aren't you gonna tell me not to kick the door in?" Sylvie asked.

"It never made a difference."

"Well, if you think it's a bad idea. I prefer you to speak your mind."

"Just go for it." I told her.

She nodded and was about to kick the door down when it opened by itself.

We cautiously entered, looking around for someone, but there was no one.

"Hey y'all."

I almost had a heart attack as Miss Minutes suddenly appeared in front of us.

Loki and Sylvie drew weapons towards her.

"Welcome to the Citadel at the end of time. Congratulations. Y'all had an awfully long journey to get here. He's impressed." Miss Minutes exclaimed.

"Who's impressed?"

"He who remains."

"And who is he?" Loki asked.

"He created all and he controls all. At the end, it is only He who remains."

"Sounds a bit ominous." I commented.

"And he wants to offer you a deal." Miss Minutes continued, "He's been making a few creative adjustments, and he's worked it out so we can reinsert y'all back into the timeline in a way that won't disrupt things."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"The TVA can keep doing it's viral work and y'all can live the lives you've always wanted."

"And what have we always wanted?"

"To change for the better and to live a happy life. You can have the throne too if you want it."

"That doesn't solve the problem. It only solves it for us." I stated.

~*~

"He who remains." Loki said.

"Not for much longer." Sylvie added.

We walked towards the lift.

It made a ding noise and the door opened.

We all raised our weapons.

A man was sat there.

Is that him?

He got up and walked out of the lift.

"This is wild." He chuckled, holding his hands up, "The two of you.. same person.. and you, Y/n."

He seemed stunned but it also seemed like he was expecting us.

Miss Minutes told us he did all that planning so he must've been expecting us.

Was this supposed to happen? But that's not possible... right?

"He who remains." I stated.

"He who remains." The man repeated, "She still calls me that? Creepy, right? But.. I like it. Come on. Come on, let's talk in my office."

We all got on the lift, still pointing our weapons at him.

We were all huddled in the corner.