Uncertain fate.

Coruscant. Capital of the Galactic Republic.

It was already an evening with a gorgeous sunset, glorified by the people of the capital when Riv, Begnal, and twi'lek girl arrived at the Jedi Temple. The girl left them inside the Temple, and Begnal, together with Riv, talked to the Temple administration.

'I need to address to the Jedi council,' claimed Begnal.

'Please state the matter you want to bring before the council,' the droid administrator asked him.

'Knight Trial for a padawan,' stated Begnal. 'I need to discuss it with the council and ask for guidance.'

'Wery well. Your request is accepted,' informed administrator doid. 'We shall notify you when the council is ready to review your case. May the Force be with you.'

'May the Force be with you,' Begnal replied. He walked away but then returned to the administrator. 'I'm sorry, but could you please tell me? Are there any High Council members here at the Temple?' He asked.

'Only Jedi knight Anakin Skywalker is here. Would you liked me to ask him about a personal meeting?' Offered administrator droid.

'Thank you, but not this time,' replied Begnal and left the administration post.

Riv stood at some distance from his master. Thoughts in his mind were giving Riv a hard time. It could be the last time he ever walked into Jedi Temple. All those years of training, perseverance, and abstinence could end up with nothing. He dedicated so much time and effort to become a Jedi Knight and failed at the very end of his journey. Strong emotions tore Riv apart. He felt betrayed by his master and realized his own guilt and liability at the same time. And he'd need to calm down somehow before he made another mistake.

'Master, I want to meditate,' said Riv. He didn't want to meditate as much as he wanted to be alone now. Begnal agreed with a quick nod.

Starcruiser was descending into the lower atmosphere. Droid cannons kept firing and hitting the ship. Riv rushed and disabled cannons one by one. The cruiser was severely damaged but remained intact and landed safely. There, the vision has ended. Riv opened his eyes and saw himself being alone in a Temple sleeping quarters. A deep breath, closed eyes, and Riv went into meditation again.

Riv was back in the fight at the Pongarlon again. Their starcruiser in the sky was taking heavy fire from the ground artillery. Riv rushed to destroy droid cannons. He wiped out all the batteries again and heard Spike's cry.

'Behind you!'

Riv turned back and saw three super battledroids firing at him. He deflected blaster bolts, but more battledroids were coming, surrounding him. Spike, Notch, Madcap, and other clones left their positions and rushed to help Riv. Some of the droids fired at the clones. Madcap got hit, then Notch. The entire clone squad has gone in a matter of minutes. Riv finished the last battledroid and hurried to badly injured Spike. Lad dropped to his knees to help an injured friend.

'It was a great pleasure to serve with you, sir!' Spike said and died in Riv's arms. Tears run from down Riv's eyes. Everything faded away again, and Riv was back into the Temple

'Past stays in the past,' He said with a deep sight. Riv looked by the window and found it was already a late evening. No call from his master yet.

Riv closed his eyes and concentrated one more time. However, this time, he didn't focus on the past.

Riv couldn't see as if a dense black smoke had surrounded him. His senses remained sharp as ever, though. The inevitable threat has been coming from all around. An acute pain stroke Riv and paralyzed him.