Ch. 1

Unedited Chapter

Alexius looked at the child in front of him, this was the child of that Diana. He didn't hate that woman, instead she gave him support which wasn't given to him by anybody else. It wasn't anything big, it could have been just for show but it made an impact on how much he cared for Athanasia. However all this changed within a few weeks.

Alexius had left Obelia to go to the kingdom of Clarin as an envoy. Everything was going good, he made sure that everything was perfect. Even the slightest bit of discontent of his father would make him ashamed.

Alexius kneeled down to Claude and gave his greeting. Claude's eyes were still the same emotionless with the same sense of insignificance towards his son, if he even considered this child his son.

Suddenly the door was opened and a little girl came running in.

"Daddy! Look what Athy found," the little girl said enthusiastically while holding up a four leaf clover. It symbolized luck in many places including Obelia.

Alexius froze up. He was sure that the girl would be sentenced death or his father would just be displeased as not just anyone was allowed to enter while the emperor was busy. However to his surprise and dismay, Claude's eyes softened when he saw the girl.

This was only the second time he had seen something like this had happen in the whole 14 years of his life.

When Alexius saw the girl's eyes it made even less sense for him. This little girl was Athanasia, the child that Claude had hated so much and even called her mother a wench after 'that' incident had occurred.

Despite his confusion the boy keep his head down and stayed quiet.

Athanasia turned towards Alexius and tilted her head in confusion. "Daddy, who is he?" she asked.

"This is your brother Alexius, " he replied, his voice was soft but it wasn't as affectionate as before. His difference in affection for the children was clear as day, however most people couldn't deny the fact that they too favoured the second star of Obelia much more.

Athy was surprised and confused when she heard this. There was no character like this when she read the book. She still managed to keep her thoughts to herself as she brainstormed to find traces of this kid.

She walked up to Alexius and said, "Hi, I'm Athy, and Athy loves to eat sweets! What about brother Alex?"

Alexis just kept his head down but gave a nod.

Athy tried again but got no response. Claude got annoyed and said, "the child is talking to you, don't just stay there."

Alexius quickly turned to Athy and answered all her questions however his affection towards the child seemed to have decreased rather than increase.

After that Alexius bowed to Claude again and left.

Alexius took a bath and layer down on his bed. A small smile appeared on his face which soon turned into a crazy grin.

Before he thought about anything else, this prince would always think about Claude. He was now about to touch himself while thinking about Claude, when suddenly a figure appeared on his window.

How was it? I forgot about this book anyway 535 words! Big deal for me cuz I don't think I've written so much besides the one-shots.