Chapter 1. Winter is Coming

Year 283 AC Dragonstone

King Aerys had sent his youngest son Viserys and his pregnant sister-wife Rhaella to the island and fortress of Dragonstone.
Now in the royal chambers, the Queen is giving birth to twins and the maester of the fortress is helping to deliver the children.
First came the queen's daughter named Daenerys and then her son Daemion. Unfortunately, the Queen did die after the birth of the siblings but not after naming her son, Viserys, as the rightful ruler of the seven kingdoms.
Soon the word came that Stannis was coming to take the Targaryen childer and some of the men were wondering if they should give them up. But the good and loyal Old Ser Willem Darry took some loyal men and a ship and transported the three children to Essos...

Year 298 AC, Third POV. Pentos

Daemion is seen leaning over a fine and well-carved wooden balustrade on a balcony overlooking the Narrow Sea.
Lost in thought, it takes a loud knock to turn his attention to the door to his room. He takes a final look at the blue waters of the Bay of Pentos and finally walks to the door and opens it to see one of Illyrio's servants.

"What is it?" Daemion asked, "Magister Illyrio wishes to see you, my lord." The servant answered. Daemion nodded and stepped out of his room and signaled the servant to lead him to the Magister. The servant bowed and turned the other way and started walking towards the courtyard with Daemion right behind him.

The servant then took him to the large and beautiful garden in the center of Illyrio's estate, where the fat magister was waiting for them with another servant at his side, holding a long object covered in cloth.

"Ahh, Prince Daemion, thank you for coming to in such short notice." The magister addressed Daemion. "Of course, Magister. What do you need of me?" Daemion answered and asked him.
"There is nothing that I need. I just wanted to give you a gift." Illyrio shook off Daemion's question and signaled his other servant to give Daemion the clothed object.

Daemion looked at the object then back at Illyrio before he took it from the servant and unwrapped it to reveal a hand and a half sword with fine leather covering the handle and the head of a dragon as the pommel. As Daemiom marveled at the still sheathed blade Illyrio told him to draw the sword from its scabbard. Daemion did so and Illyrio and his servants took a few steps away from him. Daemion handed the scabbard to one of the servants so he could inspect the castle forged steel blade.

 It had a sharp, straight, and strong edge and was perfectly balanced.
He took some swings with the sword and was impressed with it.
"This is an incredible blade..." He said whilst taking the scabbard from the servant and sheathing the blade. "Thank you, Magister. *sigh* You have allowed us to stay here for half a year already and yet, you have not asked anything of us. You have been a most generous host and friend. Again thank you for everything." He said whilst shaking Illyrio's hands with gratitude.

"You honor me, My Prince," Illyrio replied and returned the handshake.
"I swear on the old gods and the new, and the gods of my ancestors. I will repay you for your generosity one day." Daemion swore to him and put a hand on Illyrio's shoulder.
When the two separated, one of Illyrio's servants ran to him and whispered something in his ear.
"Yes thank you..." He turns to address Daemion. "I believe it is time to meet with the man who will give your brother his army..." Illyrio said whilst signaling Daemion to follow

In front of Illyrio's estate, Daemion POV.

Illyrio had led me through his vast estate to its front where I saw Viserys and my sister standing. Viserys was wearing a grey tunic, with a three-headed dragon broach near his left shoulder, a black belt, black pants, and his scimitar which he probably got as a gift from Illyrio. And my sister was wearing a white seethrough dress which left nothing to the imagination. Illyrio had stepped next to my brother while I greeted my sister. Then we waited there for some time and he hadn't shown up.