VI

ever since nas gave me his card i've been debating on if i should call him or not

ever since nas gave me his card i've been debating on if i should call him or not. i mean its not like he gave me his personal number (yet).

its been a couple of weeks since i've been working at the job and the attraction between nas and i has been getting bigger each week. im not gonna lie and say that his flirting skills aren't corny, but its cute too.

as i continued to debate on if i should call the number or not i finally decided to not be such a pussy and call him.

im sitting here acting like he gave me his damn personal number, which he didn't but i sure will be waiting on it.

i got up and walked to the house phone in the kitchen since i was working on the couch. i picked up the phone and dialed the number.

he's probably like "why the hell is my phone ringing at 10 in the fuckin evening." i can hear him saying that now.

the phone rang almost four times before answering the phone

"this is nas." he said.

i took a deep breath and i went silent for almost a minute. if im being honest, i didn't know what to say.

he questioned, "hello?"

i finally snapped back into reality and i got my shit together.

i nervously spoke up, "hey this is jasmine."

"oh wassup shorty? what you need help wit?" he said.

"how did you know i needed help?" i questioned.

"so you just gon' act like i didn't tell you if you needed help call this number?" he questioned while laughing.

"don't start with me nasir." i snapped back.

"you not gon' be like diamond calling me my fuckin government. just tell me what you need help wit." he said.

i told him what i needed help with and he led me through what i needed to do on the phone.

"aight is that all?" he questioned.

"thats all nasir jones." i said in a flirty tone.

"you think you funny huh? i know what your doing." he said while lowering his voice.

i sighed, "ok seriously nas, what are we doing?"

"what you mean?" he questioned.

i began to speak, "i mean we are always flirting with each––"

"imma give you my personal number and we gon talk about this forreal." he said while interputing me.

i sighed as i grabbed a pen and wrote down his personal number, a lot of things were running through my mind thinking about what could've been said during this phone call.

my heart started beating rapidly and my palms started getting sweaty then i put the phone back on the hook and started pacing back and forth.

i started walking around my living room thinking about what he was gonna say.

i went to the refrigerator and grabbed a wine bottle and a glass to calm my nerves. i poured the wine in a glass and took a couple sips.

i walked back to the phone, i took a deep breath and then i dialed the number.