𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 ℴ𝓃ℯ

Just another day of living at the highest peak of the mountain full of demonic beast

Just another day of living at the highest peak of the mountain full of demonic beast. The sun was brilliant and making you feel done with the world as usual. You shifted uncomfortably just wanting to take a nap when the animal you were using as a substitute pillow rumbles. You jerk up and peer curiously at the now restless owlbear.

A gorgeous, majestic beast that is quite literally just a large owl with the same frame as a large grizzly bear.

Or a bear with the face of an owl and instead of fur has feathers???

You genuinely don't know how to describe this beautiful beast.

"Something happening down the mountain?" You gently caress your large agitated feathered friend.

The owlbear lets out a low rumble and nuzzles your face.

"Okay. I'll take care of whatever is making the others restless. There goes my nap." You pat the gentle giant on the head in reassurance and they coo so adorably that it should be a crime.

You skip down the mountain while whistling a tune, your hands clasped behind your head as you wander if the uninvited guest is another suicidal adventurer or just a plain dumbass who doesn't know how to read.

Many people have entered the forest that leads up the mountain one too many times seeking to find treasure or something like fame for taking down a high level demon so you put up a good thirty or forty signs that told people to; "beware of high leveled demons," "turn back now or die," and your favorite, "seriously? this is home of high leveled demons are you an idiot?"

Yeah not that great but you're not an author and nor are you being payed to put up these signs so the simple stuff is good enough for you as long as they send the right message.

Which in your opinion they do! The readers just don't know how to take a hint! You were doing it for their protection- yeah okay you just got tired of people disrupting your naps and having to clean your boots when you accidentally step in the innards of their left over corpses when you go hunting for food but hey they don't need to know that!

"Whoa." You let out a whistle in appreciation at the sight before you as you finally find the source of the disturbance that had bothered your precious friend who didn't need that stress in their life while dealing with their pregnancy.

Yea your majestic owlbear was going to have cute little cubs soon and you were going to be the godmother! A very exciting event that you rarely got to see every few centuries!

Anyway back to what had caught your attention!

A young man is effortlessly swinging his sword and slicing down the numerous monsters coming his way while his red cloak flutters behind him dramatically. 

His muscles flex from the exertion, sweat clinging against his forehead as he continues to take down the beast wanting to eat him. Then he must get a cramp in his leg or something since he stumbles painfully and at bad timing since a werewolf takes the time to lunge at him with its claws.

The man grits his teeth and fiercely fights back and chops off its head. He takes a few more of the pack out before he succumbs to the blood loss he's lost over time. His face is deathly pale as it hits the dirt. You wince at the contact feeling kinda sympathetic.

Faceplanting unexpectedly is no joke.

You give an applause at the young mans effort to survive for as long as he did and how many of the demons he had taken down with him. This gains the attention of the pack of werewolves and one of them just happens to be near enough to attack you.

You barely flinch from the pain that flushes through your body as the demons pierces it's long claw through your chest. You grimace in disgust as the werewolf viscously snarled, letting globs of slobber to hit your face. You scowl at it in irritation, you would have to go to the human market to buy new clothes again.

You summon a pretty blue flame into your hand and lazily set the beast on fire, it's loud shrieks of pain startle what's left of the pack and they scatter in terror but don't get far as you decide their not worth keeping alive. You don't care for werewolves, their ugly and not cool at all.

You look at the carnage surrounding you feeling pretty impressed by the young mans work. He hadn't just faught off a werewolf pack but other powerful demons that you didn't really care to name but they made even the most skilled master swordsman struggle to fight against, hell before you became an immortal you struggled with such beast. And he did this all alone, as far as you can tell there's no human corpses.

Other than his...

You look down and see the young black haired man laying limp, covered in blood and gore on the ground. You notice his chest moving up and down and sigh tiredly.

Guess he's not a corpse after all, neat.

"What a fool. Coming into these mountains is suicide." You kick his side  irritatedly. His eyes flutter open, beautiful rubies revealing themselves behind long eyelashes. "Do you wish for death?" You ask coldly.

"I wish to live." He replies between struggled gasps of breath before falling into unconsciousness.

"As you wish." You pick the stranger up and roughly throw his battered body over your shoulder like a sack of potatoes. You make way towards your humble abode further up the mountain really wishing you had a teleportion scroll. "Why were you up here in the first place?"

Of course the unconscious man doesn't reply since he's kinda dying not that you were expecting to reply you were just thinking out loud.

The dragon sleeping protectively around your shared living space picks up the scent of the human man and lazily opens their eyes. Brilliant sapphire jewels blind you for a brief second before they close again once officially seeing the intruder in your care.

"A huuuuuman?" They purr curiously.

You only give a nod of your head as you enter your home, closing the door shut behind your with your foot and then tossing the stupidly tall man on top of your bed without hesitation.

"Fuck! I just got his blood all over my bed! And I just did the laundry!"