21

(っ◔︣◡◔᷅)っ ♡

❧ connie walked to the front of the skate shop after leaving the storage room to grab a towel and some other cleaning supplies. it was a rough wednesday evening and almost closing time, one of connie's shift days besides monday and friday.

a day never went by and connie wasn't thinking about you. because of those same thoughts, he did everything he could to be around you, outside and inside of school.

greeting you in the halls, by your locker, engaging in partner time in the chemistry class you both share, and even sitting with you at lunch knowing that rylee doesn't welcome outsiders- but since it was connie she let it slide.

"yo con'!" mateo called out to the male as he stepped inside his shop with his camera in his hand and a skateboard in the other. connie sprayed the clerk counter top, not lifting his eyes away from the towel that was moving across the counter.

connie was slowly moving his hand as he continued to wipe the counter clean, the corner of his lips curving up a little to smile. mateo furrowed his eyebrows and looked at eren who was spinning around on a stool with wheels, wondering why connie was being all smiley.

mateo sucked his teeth and walked up to another table to place his camera and skateboard on before shouting, "CONNIE!" eren jumped in his seat as he stopped spinning, his hand being pressed against the wall to hold his balance.

connie stopped smiling and looked up at mateo who was walking up to him at the counter with his face all scrunched up like he had a bad appetite, "the fuck was you smiling for? what's on your mind homie?" mateo pulled himself onto the edge of the counter, resting his clasped hands on his lap.

"i just finished cleaning the counter...ok," connie exhaled an irritated sigh while motioning his hand to mateo who was sitting on the counter, purposely rubbing his butt to make connie more annoyed, "i'm not thinking bout nothing," connie lied.

"i wasn't born yesterday con'," mateo rocked his head from side to side at a slow pace while tilting his head back to look at the ceiling. eren pushed himself on the wheelie chair to get closer to mateo and connie, mateo curling up his lips as he watched eren struggle to move.

"eren, what the fuck man?" mateo blinked at the brunette who needed a few more pushes to finally be near the two. connie snickered at mateo's comment as he glanced at mateo who was looking at eren up and down.

mateo shook his head and looked over his shoulder to look at connie, waiting for him to answer his question. but connie was still quiet, keeping his eyes focused on the rest of the counter to wipe.

"hellooooo?" mateo drummed his knuckles against the counter, "i'm cleaning right now!" connie raised his voice over mateo, who was starting to yap about connie not speaking up.

"y'know what, gimme this shit," mateo grumbled and snagged the spray bottle and towel from connie's hands, ignoring connie who was sucking his teeth growing agitated again, "eren, come be productive and wipe this fucking counter," mateo handed the supplies to eren, watching him sprint onto his feet to take them.

connie rolled his eyes and leaned against the graffitied wall with his arms crossed. mateo lifted his legs up a bit to spin around so his body could be facing connie, "what's up witchu dawg?"

"he's just horny teo," eren's snort was so loud, mateo was convinced that this boy done turned into a whole ass pig. mateo craned his neck to stare at eren, connie sending his friend a dirty look before telling him to-

"shut up," connie shook his head from side to side, his cheeks growing hot that eren would say something unnecessary like that.

"nah nah, eren prolly right...for once," mateo raised his eyebrows and lowered them again after whispering the last part of his sentence. connie flared his nostrils and moved his body away from the wall before walking to the counter to sit beside mateo.