Ch. 1 Back Where I Started

"Cathy L/n, Stronghold Carefree L/n the second and Y/n Carefree L/n the third, have arrived!"

I cringed at the announcement. Our ship has stopped at the harbour. The Chief of Berk himself awaiting our arrival. My father and mother walked before me. I had my hands behind my back, standing tall. Or well, as tall as I possibly could. "The L/n's. Pleasure to see you again!" I sighed as my parents greeted with everyone. I glanced around looking for a familiar face. "Y/n!" I sigh in satisfaction.

"Gobber, hello there." He smirked and threw his only hand on my shoulder. "You're still alive!" He looked me up and down and said. "And with all your limbs." I laughed and started walking towards the chief, Gobber followed me. "True, you owe me 10 coins Gobber." I smirked and glanced at the chief who was standing extremely tall. "Well hello there, Y/n. Gobber's favourite friend. I believe we've met before." I thought for a second.

"Yeah, we have Chief, I was ten I think." He laughed and ushered me along, up the stairs to town. "Ahh, yes yes. It's been too long!" That was quite a good point since I'm 16 now. Once we got to the top of the stairs we stopped in front of a few vikings. Young ones, like me.

"Now, your parents are dealing with some business but I just wanted to reunite you with all your old friends." I looked up at him and gave a fake smile. "Thank you, Stoick." He smiled and walked off towards my parents to discuss some things.

"So, you're here."
I turned back around scanning the faces. A blond girl, a short black haired guy, the tall blond twins and the fat smart guy. "Hello Astrid, Snotlout, Ruffnut, Tuffnut, Fishlegs and.. Where's Hiccup?" They all rolled their eyes in annoyance. "We don't know, and frankly I don't think anyone cares." I glared at Snotlout for his comment. "Why do you always say the most useful things, Snotlout?" I glared at him and walked through the group of people. "So that's it?" I turned around once again. "Well, Astrid, I'm tired." I started walking to my new, well double new, house. "We'll hang out tomorrow."

I gave them a quick smile and entered the house. I shut the door and took a deep breath. I carefully took off the bag that I had attached to my back. I walked over to the bed and softly layed it down. The bag fell off of the object that was hidden inside. "There, there..." I coed as I picked it up and held it in my arms. "I promised to take care of you... And I will." I hid it in the bed and covered it with pillows and the blanket.

"I promised your dad, little guy..." I gave the egg a comforting pat and went off to eat dinner and possibly meet up with my parents.

The next day.

I could hear screams of terror and all sorts of fighting and roaring going on outside. I shook my head and quickly stormed out of bed, grabbing my sword in the process. I ran outside. My mother immediately ran up to me.

"What are you doing, get inside!" I pushed her aside and charged at the dragon behind her. I hit it's head, stopping it's attack and scaring it off. I turned towards her.

"I'm not leaving you guys."

She nodded and handed me her sword. "Here, I'll go help your father. Make us proud girlie." I smiled and glared at the sky. "I will." I ran off towards more dragons. 'I am a viking after all. Why would I ever not be stubborn..'

I readied my swords and striked a, what I assumed, green and red nadder right on it's neck. It backed off slightly while I quickly charged again, sliding under it and hitting its tail, making it unable to fly. It scurried off to somewhere so I payed no more attention to it and ran up to some groncles. Their eyes suddenly looked a bit scared and they flew away. I tilted my head in confusion. "Night Fury! Get down!" 'A night fury..?!' I crouched down and watched the sky, the stars disappeared wherever it flew. It was pitch black. It fired at one of the catapults. And again. I stared at it in awe. "I need to get that dragon.." I thought about it. "...Let's see, no-one really knows anything about a Night Fury... They're fast and deadly.." I stood up and glared at the sky. "I'll get you."