Ch. 7 Learning to understand

I helped Hiccup put his saddle onto Toothless and then I quickly tried to coe Zipp with fish, and it worked. I first put a few herbs on her tail to make it heal faster then, I put the saddle on her and now it was time for Hiccup to test Toothless's tail again. I decided to let Hiccup and Toothless show Zipp that getting on her was okay and not going to hurt her. Of course, Hiccup pulled on the string attached to the tail wrong and fell off. I ran up to the lake and chuckled. "We should fix that." 

We quickly ran into the forge and made ourselves little hooks on the saddles and for eachother a belt too, with a string that would hold us. This time I decided to actually jump onto Zipp and surprisingly she didn't freak out. Her tail was almost healed so we just flew out of the valley and made sure that Hiccup and Toothless don't get themselves killed. We watched them fly up quickly but once again Toothless fell because of Hiccup. We ran up to them but Zipp decided to join Toothless in rolling around. I jumped off as quicky as possible and chuckled. "Cute." Toothless was even purring. Hiccup picked up some of the grass that they were rolling in. "What is this stuff?" I thought for a second. "You know cat nip?" He looked up at me and chuckled.

I was watching from outside the arena again. Hiccup came up with a brilliant idea. The groncle flew at him in full speed but he held up a piece of the dragon nip and it fell down. He rubbed it on the dragon's nose. It made the Groncle fall over on it's side and even waggle it's tail. I smiled at him proudly.

"I've never seen a groncle do that!" The twins, Fishlegs, Snotlout Hiccup and I were walking over a bridge. "Oh I left my axe back in the ring." He turned around and I followed him. "I forgot my sword." I ran after him. "You guys go on ahead, we'll catch up with you." On our way I even let out a soft giggle.

Hiccup and I were back in the valley. I was treating the wound that I caused on Zipp's tail while Hiccup was cuddling his Night Fury. I was still amazed that we were taking care of dragons.. and that they were also taking care of us. I pat Zipp on her snout and glared at my handiwork with her tail. "I'd say that we can fly tomorrow or the day after, girl." She purred into my hand and I smiled at her. 'This is amazing.'

Hiccup was back in the arena along with a Deadly Nadder and Astrid. The dragon ran at her and she threw an axe at it, the Nadder didn't budge. Astrid dodged and left the dragon to Hiccup. In response he dropped his weapon and stared at the Nadder, until Astrid charged at it with an axe. He quickly scratched it on it's chin and it collapsed to the ground. 

It was dinner time and Hiccup sat beside me. I smiled at him until most of the vikings in the room walked over to him and kept asking him questions. I huffed and just let it happen.

We were once again in the valley. I just took off Zipp's bandage. "Wow, dragons really heal quickly.. Huh.." She glanced down and behind her, at me and growled. I looked back at her ans smiled. "I think we can fly tomorrow girl." She grunted happily and ran off to play with Toothless whom she tackled to the ground. I glanced at Hiccup and we grinned. "Ah!" I, fell to the ground as Zipp tackled me. I started laughing as she started licking me. "You can't do that girl! I'm not a dragon!" I pushed her off and she 'grinned' at me and tackled Toothless once more. 'This is... incredible..'

I was at home because father called for me. "Hello, I'm here?" He walked downstairs and had a serious look on his face, I quickly grew nervous. "What is it sir? Is something wrong." He sighed and gestured towards the chairs and table. "Sit."  I sat down and started fiffling with my hands. "I noticed how you and Hiccup are together quite often..." 'Oh no...' "Leaving suddenly, just you two, all alone." I quickly stood up and his smirk fell.

"Look it's not what it looks like!" He raised his hand and gestured for me to stop talking and walked over to me. "What are you on about? This is great!" "It is?" He put his arm around me and stared down at me. "Yes, you two will be perfect together!" He grinned at me and made me sit down again. My mouth was agape. "What?" He excitedly sat down in front of me. "The marriage will actually go well, I'm so glad!" I had no idea how to react while he waited for my reaction with a wide smile. 'He definitelly doesn't know about the dragons, thank god... but... marriage?! Together?!? Me and Hiccup..?! What is HE on about!' I just looked down and didn't really give a reaction at all. I could feel his smile fall. He sighed and I could hear him get up. "Look, I know I've been very strict with you, my dear... But this is such great news." He took my chin in his hand and lifted my head so I looked at him. "You two will be happy!" He smiled warmly at me and I chuckled. "You know.." He tilted his head. "I think that that is the first time I saw that kind of smile on you." I took his hand in mine and stood up again. "It looks good." He chuckled and I soon joined him. "I'm glad." He put back his serious face and let go of my hand. "Now, let's talk about that Scuttleclaw."

I was in the ring again this time as we were about to fight a very venomous dragon. "Meet the Terrible Terror!" The tiny dragon waltzed out of the tiny gate. "Ha!" I turned to Tuffnut. "It's like the size of my-" But he was interrupted by the Terror jumping on his face. I wheezed but quickly caught myself as it was expected of me to help. Everyone ran off while Hiccup and I were the only ones close to the little dragon. "Heh.." I scratched my neck as the crowd was shouting and cheering. But I realized that Hiccup used his little reflection of his shield trick. I smiled proudly as he was once again using his knowledge to 'fight' the dragons. "Oh I'm hurt! I am very much hurt!" He led the little beast to it's cage and closed the tiny gate shut. He smiled awkwardly until he looked to me, his smile got a little brighter. I gave him a thumbs up and a slight smile.

"Hey!" I landed next to my dragon and she started wagging her tail. I gave her a quick scratch and walked over to Hiccup. "So it's all good now?" He glanced at me as he was adjusting the straps of his saddle. "I hope so.." He stood up and climbed onto Toothless. He carefully put his legs in the stirrups and looked to me. "Are you ready?" I smiled and ran up to Zipp, whom I already prepared about thirty minutes ago. I carefully climbed on top of her and pet her. "Let's go, Zipp.." She started wagging her tail again and as a result she got Toothless excited too. Hiccup and I chuckled and we flew up. Hiccup and Toothless landed just outside the valley but Zipp and I flew way higher. "Whoa!"

Zipp started flying around, excited. I was a little scared I admit, but the joy of it was stronger than the fear. "Let's go girl!" We flew up even higher and she started to calm down. We started gliding in the wind so I pet her neck. "How's your tail girl?" She looked back at me and snarled excitedlly and she flew straight down. "Girl! Not so fast..!" We landed just at the edge of a cliff and I started laughing. I quickly hugged her neck. "You are so amazing, Zipp!" "Y/n!" I looked up and saw Toothles and Hiccup running up to me.

I jumped off as Hiccup caught me. "Hiccup, that was about the coolest thing I have ever experienced." He grinned and held my hands. "Then you better help us so we can fly with you!" Toothless pushed Hiccup and I aside and he tackled Zipp. "Toothless!" Hiccup laughed but scolded him noontheless. I picked up the rope that Hiccup prepared and tied it to the tree stump that was on the cliff.

"Let's get started then!"