want

Bryce woke up in some else's bed again.

This is no surprise he's gotten used to not waking up in his own bed. He looked around, there was a girl next to him. He couldn't exactly give the face a name but he did remember the intercourse they park took in last night.

He was hungover, which was understandable, his head was throbbing and he could feel the weakening of his knees as he thought.

"Good morning." The girl besides him said rolling over to see his face. Bryce doesn't do aftercare he tries not to connect to people he has sex with because that creates foundations which creates affection which moves to conversations and relationships and that ends in heartbreak. Bryce knows better than to allow emotions into sex.

"Hey." Bryce got up, putting on his boxers and jeans.

"Going so soon?" The girl looked disappointed. Bryce couldn't bring himself to care.

"Yea I gotta get back to my dorm."

"Oh okay well maybe we can do this again some time."

"Yea sure whatever."

Bryce got back to his dorm at 7 which was okay enough since his first class started at 8:30.

Bryce got into college. He worked his ass off but he did get in. He doesn't tell people that though, he much rather play off the narrative that his mom bought him a spot in the classroom.

When he walked into class, Josh acknowledged his presence first.

"Bro did you sleep with her?" He yelled from a seat im the back of the lecture hall.

Nick threw a piece of paper at Bryce in acknowledgment.

He caught it and threw it back.

Riley was sitting in the seat closet to an exist. In the far right corner with her headphones in.
Bryce glanced at her as he walked up to his friends. He found himself wanting her too look up. She didn't, just kept drawing on her notebook.

Bryce payed more attention in the lecture than he wanted to. When it was over the teacher walked out first, which was contrary to popular belief but it alway happened as far as Bryce was concerned.

"We missed you at the party." Bryce explained looking over at Riley for a response.

"Yea I'm surprised you saw anything with those girls plastered to you 24/7."

"Are you jealous?"

"Are you deaf?"

"No."

"Than you answered your own question."

"Ohhhhh." Josh and Nick laughed looking at Bryce for okay to continue their bickering with other him getting mad.

"Damn boy she told you." Nick said batting Bryces shoulder in fake sympathy.

Nick and Josh walked out with the rest of the class.

Bryce just stared at Riley.

"You coming to the game."

"Absolutely not." Riley was packing up her books as she answered.

Bryce didn't realized he would be as hurt as he was from her answer.

"It's jail time waiting to happened."

"It's my first game of the season."

"Well than I'm sure, Kira, Rebecca, Izzy, Mia, Brooklyn, Layla and Sofie will be front row to cheer you on."

"What if I want you there."

"It's a good thing we don't always get what we want than isn't it."

And she walked out.