Prologue

Flipping on your bed from side to side, you slowly come to consciousness. The light passes through the curtains of your window onto your eyes. It made you feel uncomfortable, but you refuse to move from your position, so you cover them with the blanket.

You feel warm, the temperature of your room felt cozy. The smell of sandalwood filled the space and gave it a relaxing touch. It feels nice; you felt safe.

All of this was interrupted, however, by your phone's alarm. You jolted awake, startled by the sound. Your head, although muddled, was starting to come clear. The lighting in your room was warm, and it gave you an indescribable feeling.

Reaching out to grab your phone, you turned off the alarm and placed your feet on the ground. You held your arms up to stretch for a bit and looked at the time on your phone. 9 AM; "I woke up a bit earlier today." As your finger scrolls through your social media feed, you quickly noticed something odd. You had no wifi, weird.

You looked up to search for the wifi box until you realized something. Your room looked... different. It felt different and it looked different.

Wait, this isn't my room...

...

...

...

Fuck.

Fuck, fuck, fuck-

Whose room is this? How the hell did I get here?

Amidst your panic, you placed your phone down and looked at your surroundings. You quickly decide to locate the window. Right, the sunlight. The window is to the left of your bed. You stood up, ran as quietly as you could towards the window, and peeked through the curtains.

The sunlight burned your eyes, but it quickly adjusted to them. Looking at what's outside, you're unable to recognize any of the buildings. You're confused as to what is happening until it dawned on you. "What the fuck," you mumbled as you realize that you're in a completely different neighborhood.

Stumbling back, you fall onto the bed. At a loss on what to do, you sat there quietly and thought of the possible conclusions: I went to a party, got drunk, and slept over at someone's house; I went to a party, got drunk, and broke into someone's home; I've been kidnapped and is now held against my will.

Well, maybe the last conclusion was a bit farfetched. You turned around and crawled across your bed to reach your device. Scrolling through your phone to find your Maps application, you found yourself unable to find the app. Confused, you search it up on the phone's search bar; and found nothing.

Woken up to an unfamiliar place, having no clue how you got there, you try to look up your location and found that you're unable to do so. Maybe the kidnapping conclusion was not so farfetched.

You were about to have another breakdown when something popped up in front of your face. It startled you, "Wha-"

[???] "Do not fear, dear user! You are safe. You haven't been kidnapped, and this room is yours. You can call me anything you want; I will be assisting you as you play the protagonist role, Y/N."

"..."

[???] "(@^◡^)"

"..."

[???] "(;@^◡^')?"

"...This must be a joke."

[???] "Unfortunately, it is not so I prefer that you do not laugh!"

Author's Note: Sooo, that's how your journey begins. Please give me your opinions on this; I'm contemplating whether to continue it or not. Anyways, what should the mysterious pop-up be called? Let me know if you have any suggestions! More characters will be introduced on the next chapter so prepare yourselves.

P.S; I will be referring to the protagonist (You) as YOU and the Y/N that YOU are playing as Y/N. This is a gender-neutral Y/N story, so you can be any gender you want to be!