3

~

quick a/n sorry but uh yall this chapter and the next r lowkey boring i'm sorry but chap 5 is when things start escalating HEHEHE ok ily go read

~

y / n

"so, your parents seriously didn't notice a thing?" kita asks in disbelief

we're currently reclining in my bedroom, chatting away about the party last weekend in semi-hushed tones so my parents don't overhear.

"well, they noticed the puke stain on their rug, but i blamed that on you," i shrug.

"bro, what?!"

"kidding," my giggles are hard to contain, "i played hooky. i was already groaning about my stomach by the time they got home!"

kita stares at me in awe and slight bewilderment, but carries out a slow clap anyway. "you are diabolical, y/n. crazy, but a genius."

ah, to be praised for my blatant manipulation. i can't help but grin. "oh kit, i know."

my cheesy little smile fades pretty fast when i notice a change of demeanor in my close friend's face, though. he sits up straighter to better level with my face. "you know, y/n, you can tell me if you're feeling shitty. i mean, you do know that, right?"

i know exactly what he's talking about, but i wish he didn't have to bring it up. i shift my gaze down to my lap. "sure, the comedown was rough and left me pretty depressed for a couple days, but i'm perfectly fine," i lie. well, the first part is true. i only half lied.

i hear kita sigh deeply. he cranes his neck down to force his face into my line of view, giving me no option other than to look at him. "y/n, something really scary happened to you."

i refuse to make eye contact. "what, i got free drugs?"

"dude, be serious."

i don't like to be serious. he knows that. everyone knows that. i haven't even bothered to think about what happened that night. i've been through too much to take anything seriously, nonetheless even think too hard about anything; if i did, i don't know if i could stomach life for the way it is. my own made up and numbed out reality is much easier for me to handle.

letting out a groan of frustration, i don a sarcastic smile. "you and aran and that suna guy helped me, so nothing happened. i ended up okay."

kita shakes his head, but thankfully drops the subject. he probably already knows that i'm not going to address it anytime soon. "suna said you're pretty, by the way."

i almost choke on air. "he said what?!"

"yeah. i was surprised you two never met. he's literally on my team."

the information my best friend just laid on me is somewhat hard to believe. sports guys don't fuck with me like that. to them, i'm weird for dressing and acting the way that i do. all they do is come to my parties because, well, who wouldn't? while suna's bedroom and car do hint at the fact that he's probably involved in some alternative sub genre himself, he is still a volleyball player, thus not to be trusted. i doubt that even kita would have bothered with me had we not grown up together.

"isn't that weird, though?" i fight back the sensation of heat rising up to my face with everything in me. "he rescued me from a creeper, and now he's being a creeper?"

kita laughs lightly. "he only mentioned that you're pretty, he didn't say he wanted to kidnap you and keep you as a pet."

"yeah, i guess that is nice," i smile softly. "he's pretty handsome himself."

"woah-"

"i never said that." kita's bitch ass better not say a word about this conversation to suna, or i'm gonna commit homicide.

"right, well, we're gonna hang out with him and the twins tomorrow. you in?" kita offers, absentmindedly playing with the rings on my fingers. "i'd rather you be with us than go get yourself into trouble at some other party for a while."

i shoot him a death glare, but comply anyway. "yeah, i'll go."

a friday night with 'the boys' couldn't be that bad, i guess. plus, there's no harm in the chance to see suna again, right?

~

LMFAO y/n doesn't know that everyone and their mama thinks alt girls are hot yet,,, who's gonna tell her .