Part 1

THE HAIRS ON THE  back of my neck stood on end as power filled the room. Mr Silas Mercala wouldn't know I could feel it, just like I'd felt it from his doorman. I might look as average as the next person, but I had a few secrets up my sleeve. And lots of knives, of course.

"Ambrose told me someone would come." Mercala said. "This must be about my two employees, but I've already been taken care of them"

His accent was English, which was at odds with his name. Just hearing that made me shiver.

His pale crystal flesh almost shimmered against the tan color of his shirt. I'll say one thing for vampires-they all had gorgeous skin. Silas eyes were a clear blue, and his black hair fell past his collar.

Yep, he was pretty. He probably had no trouble getting dinner. Okay stupid girl. stop checking him out. A Master vampire without a doubt. Or well had been a master, after I am done with him.

"Yes, this is about Benny and Bonny Wellsh. would appreciate your cooperation."

My polite stalling was to gauge how many other people were in the house. I strained my ears, but so far came up with no one but the doorman, and myself.

"Of course. Anything to help Ambrose ," he said with amusement.

"Good, this won't take long, I promise." I Spoke hiding a grin.

My boss, Ambrose had me doing this dirty work. Not many knew about me. So it was a plus for him.

"Don't think I have met you before, darling. I will never forget that face." he said, looking at me all over.

"I'll bet." you son of a bitch. Let's see how long you'll keep that smirk.

Then he came closer, his blue eyes starting to glint green. I knew of the green in his gaze for what they were. Lust and feeding looked the same on a vampire. Both made the eyes glow emerald and the fangs pop out. hm either hungry or horny, but I wasn't going to satisfy any of that.

"Sweet bleeding' Christ!" Silas exclaimed. As i know where holding a silver dagger in his chest.

One little more pressure and he would be dead. So much for a master.

Then the door opened and the doorman came inside.

"One more move, and he will be dead." I said, staring at the scared master.

"Taroos, stay back." Silas said, gasping.

*******************************************************************************

I WALKED INSIDE THE LARGE, FOUR-STORY home that was owned by Mr.Ambrose. This was my masters place. The long jacket I wore was open, leaving my gun and shoulder holster clearly visible, my pants were tight black, my red blouse where I hid the twenty pounds of silver weapons strapped to my arms and legs.

Coming down the hall ,walking over to his office. The non-armed guards standing on each side .

" Mis Aurelia Jones "I said. "Here to see Mr Ambrose'' .The big heavy door reopened, and they nodded before I walked inside. The room was big and dark, my boots clicked on the dark wooden floor.

Ambrose was in his office, pacing by his desk, and my brows shot up. My boss slash master... was normally cool and collected. This was my first time I'd seen him pace in the seven years since he took me in when I was sixteen.

I stopped by the front of his desk.  standing upright hands behind my back.

"You will be pleased to hear that mr. Silas Mercala, is no longer a problem."

I said with a firm tone.

"good, good well done." Ambrose said, looking like he was somewhere else.

"Master, if I may ask. What's wrong? I asked, I still hate calling him that. Ugh. But he still scares me. So playing cool is my first rule.

Ambrose then stops and looks up at me, "Nothing you need to worry about, Angel. You may go home and get some rest." Nodding short I walked back outside.

I knew something was up, I could feel his anger and something else, fear?

Being a half blood. I could sense others, strength, faster than a normal human being, my skin pale , And then you have my eyes...

When I am sad or angry, they go from dark blue to yellow.

I got to my car, which was a red Citroën 2CV, named Cherry. Getting inside I started the drive back to my place. I lived in a second floor, small tiny apartment, right over a bar called. Red Mug.

Tiny and cousey place you go for a glass or two alone with your girlfriends and or a date.

Parking my car at my spot in the back garden, I sight as I lock her.

The little backguarden, was not much, old stones covered ground, A few tables and chairs under a crying willow tree. then it was an old brick building. I smiled as I looked around, tired from the day got my keys out of my pocket, opening the door and walking up the stairs. "home sweet home."

....

" So no work today?" The owner of Red Mug ,and my friend asked.as we were sitting outside in the back garden. Sipping coffee. We just finished lunch in the nice weather.

" Nope." I said leaning back in my seat. throwing one leg over the other, this is nice. I like this routine me and Darry had. " Freeday, no plance?" He smiled setting down his coffee mug.

"Mhm:'' I hummed, making him chuckle. Then I thought for a few seconds.

"Is somebody fishing?" I ask, looking over at him, with a smirk. He rolls his eyes playfully.

"Well, why don't you come down later tonight, it's way better than to be stuck up there all by yourself."

Suddenly in the corner of my eye, I saw a something moving. I looked over and by the gate, an unfamiliar man walked over to our dumpster. Darry saw my face and looked over as well.

"HEY;THOSE ARE PRIVATE!" Darry called out and the old man with an old hat grunted.

"Fuck off." the man said before throwing something black into the trash. and hurried away.

If my ears worked fine, I swear I heard a meow?

climbed out of my chair and walked over. Opening the top, I looked down and gasped.

"What, What is it?" Darry called out to him to get up. "Kitten!"

. It tried to run, but I got it and held it firmly and looked it over. There was blood on its nose, some scratches, but other than that, he seemed fine.

Mumbling and cooooing , "Pore little kitten," I told Darry. "Fucking as, some people are cruel." He said looking down at the black little kitten in my arms.

"I can't just leave it. Look at it!" I said softly, Darry was right, some are just cruel.

"Well I am not keeping it, I am more of a non pets guy." Darry said, making a face at me.

I looked at the little creature in my arms, his yellow scared eyes reminded of my own.

"Ok little one, you have a home now." I sighed while Darry walked back to where we were sitting earlier. Grabbing the plates and mugs.

"What will you call him-her....something cute like fluffy?" He asked, laughing as I walked to the door.

"God no, maybe....Darry jr!" I called back before heading upstairs to my bathroom.

"Ok Mr, let's get you cleaned up and check out." I said softly, and his little eyes seemed to close and he purred.

......