21 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

"COPS, COPS!" was heard over the stereo, and the crowd instantly dispersed into their cars. My eyes scanned the entire scene to make sure that Mia had been safe, and thankfully I spotted her hopping into my car, nodding at me before driving away.

"Come on, Alison we gotta go" Brian pulled me back to reality. If there's one thing my family never messed around with, it was cops.

Without another thought I opened Brian's car door and sat in the passenger seat, him quickly following and driving off. "Shit, did you see Dom anywhere?" I twisted in my seat, praying that he'd driven away in time. "I saw him drive off, he's alright."

Something about his voice in that moment reassured me. It was also in that moment that I remembered what he asked me a few moments prior. Thankfully, he didn't bring it up once more. It's not that I wasn't into him- that would be a lie- I just wasn't prepared for anything serious, and with Brian it could only be serious. I just couldn't, not after what my last put me through.

"You know, you're a lot quieter than I thought you'd be" he began, turning his eyes to me instead of the road. I let out a nervous laugh, shaking my head slightly. "You just don't know me yet."

"So let me" he grinned now. "You could start by keeping your eyes on the road." I responded. He shrugged, not budging. "I'd rather look at you."

I hesitantly tore my eyes away from him and looked through the window in front of me. He really did have a way with words.

"You want to get to know me" I circled back to his point. "So.. do you want to play like.. 21 questions or something?" I proposed. He laughed, and I started to heat up at my own childish remark.

"That works for now," he agreed. There was a moment of comfortable silence as he searched for a question to ask me. "How do you know Dom? And what's your last name?"

"Hey! That's two" I poked his shoulder, but proceeded to answer anyways. "Creed is the name. And we're cousins. We pretty much grew up together here... after my mom died I was alone, my dad wasn't there. I had to go away for a chunk of my life when that happened. We just recently got back into contact" I answered truthfully.

He looked at me sympathetically. "Where'd you go?"

"New York" I smiled. "The east coast is great for racing, you have to check it out."

"I'll have to. You got any questions for me, Creed?" he smiled back. I thought for a second. "Yeah. You're kind of a mystery. Where'd you come from?"