Dinner with Destiny

'So far this guy seems okay. He told me he liked food, wasn't picky, and no food allergies. I hope he likes the pasta I made.'

Marinette's thoughts were broken by the sound of the doorbell.

'Here goes nothing.'

Marinette welcomed her date inside and showed him to the table. Once he sat down, she placed the bowl in front of him. She sat down and noticed him stare at the food. He looked confused.

"Is everything okay?" she asked, concerned.

"What's this?" he questioned.

"Oh! It's tagliatelle pasta with chicken and mushrooms in -" she began.

"What the fuck is this shit doing on my plate?" her date shouted.

Marinette had no words. He had never reacted this way on their dates before.

"You should know better then to make crap like this!" he continued to berate her, "You'll never make a good enough wife if you keep pulling shit like this!"

'Wrong words, Asshole!'

Jason sighed at the sound of yelling on his floor. He hadn't met the new tenant yet. So far they had kept to themselves. He never had a reason to go over and introduce himself or intimidate them shutting the fuck up on a Sunday night.

'Fuck! I really hoped I didn't have to do it with this one.'

Jason rolled off his couch and threw open his door. Not a moment later was the new tenant's door thrown open.

"What are you gonna do?" he heard a an shout, "Tell me to leave?"

'So, we got ourselves a jackass.'

"What the fuck?" the man shouted, before he was thrown out into the hallway.

'Woah!'

"Wife material to an asshole, like you? I don't think so. I don't know what this is for you, but this is only our third date! Maybe you have some side chick; I don't know, but I asked you what you liked or had allergies too. Don't expect a call back from me." a lady shouted.

'Holy hell!'

Jason looked at the small spitfire lingering in the open door way. She had raven hair and fiery blue eyes with a temper to match. She had thrown the guy out like he was nothing! The guy stood up and walked into her doorway, letting his size be known. He could see the spitfire clench her fist and decided now would be the best time to step in.

'That guy doesn't know when to quit.'

Jason pressed himself again the guy, letting his presence be known.

"Is there a problem here?" he asked.

The guy turned and was ready to tell him off until he caught sight of Jason's larger frame and muscles.

"Nope. He was just leaving." the ravenette declared, her eyes never leaving her 'date'.

He quickly ran down the hallway, with his tail between his legs.

"Are you okay?" Jason questioned.

"Marinette and yeah." Marinette sighed, "You want some dinner?"

"Me?" he asked, confused.

"Why not? I made some chicken and mushroom pasta paired with a white wine. It would be a shame to waste it. Not like I'm inviting his ass back here to eat it." she answered.

Jason shrugged, "Sure; just give me a moment."

He quickly locked up his apartment and walked right back.

"Oh, by the way, I'm Jason." he introduced himself.

"Your food tastes amazing!" Jason cried, taking another bite, "That guy doesn't know what he's missing out on."

"And he never will." Mari laughed.

"So, tell me about yourself." Jason spoke.

Marinette giggled, "I thought that was like an unwritten law in Gotham."

"Maybe for people who can't trust other or take care of themselves." he replied, with a wink.

"Well, I moved to Gotham three months ago, but obviously, I can take care of myself." she answered.

"Oh, I believe it; you tossed that guy like he was a sack of flour." Jason stated.

Marinette just laughed.

"What?" he questioned.

"Sorry, it's just that I grew up in a bakery, lifting sacks of flour." Mari responded, making him laugh.

Jason wasn't sure what it was, but the food, the company, the flow of their conversation; it all felt right. Jason had helped clear the table and even washed the dishes.

"You don't have to do that!" Marinette exclaimed.

"It's not a problem." Jason answered, "I got a free meal and you, got a free dishwasher."

Marinette giggled, before looking out the window.

"Jason?" she questioned.

"Yeah?" he answered, drying the last dish.

"Would you like to do this again?" Mari asked.

Jason froze and turned to look at her. He saw that she was avoiding his gaze.

"What?" he replied.

"Food." she quipped, "Just two friends, eating food."

'She hasn't been here in Gotham long and probably wants someone to talk to.'

"Sure. Next week: same time?" Jason questioned.

Marinette turned to him with a smile, "Yeah. If you have a craving for something or any allergies, just slip a note under my door."

Jason nodded before she walked him out the door. He didn't know it, but those dinners were going to change his life.