Chapter 3

~ Ace AltoBelli ~

My lips crashed onto hers as I kicked the door to my suite open.

"What about..." I pulled her back in, unable to think or do anything other than kiss her and touch her. All I want to do is feel her body on mine and be with her alone. Forever. "Ace." She gasped, breaking away once again. "What about Liza? And Ja-"

"Don't say his name." She folded her lips between her teeth, and pushed off me shaking her head. She lay her hands flat of my chest, catching her breath.

"No, we can't." She lay the palm of her other hand to her forehead, pushing off me. "It was a mistake to follow you up here. Just...just forget this happened." She ran a hand threw her hair then bent down, picking up her purse from the floor and walking back out of the suite.

What the hell did I just do?

I have my plan.

I have my fucking plan, and I've spent a day with her and I'm already failing at it. This is going to be a long fucking trip if I can't control myself around her.

I walked upstairs and fell back onto the bed, shaking my head as I ran a hand over my face. The rest of the crew, is down stairs drinking still.

I managed to convince Halo to come with me. Not that it took much, she was more than willing. Maybe it was just when she seen Lisa's things, maybe realisation hit her that we are both married.

Not that I give a shit about Liza. She's as much use as shit. And the pathetic excuse of a husband Halo has, he's just a fucking disgrace. Maria agreed with me on that multiple times.

But it wasn't just Halo who decided to leave. I had the choice, the opportunity to go after her. And instead I let her leave, run out of the apartment and away from me. I let her leave me the day we signed our divorce papers. And sure in the end they where always going to get signed and at one point we wouldn't be married. But that didn't mean we weren't going to be together.

I had plans. They weren't set in stone but I wanted them to happen. Halo and I would get divorced eventually, that was in unavoidable. Then we would date, be like a normal fucking couple and go for dinner and shit. Then, we would get engaged. Travel the world for a while, get married and have two kids. A girl first then a boy.

The boy of course called Ace after me and Halo and I could decide on a girls name together. Our kids would grow up and Halo and I would stay happily married just like always. Life would be perfect.

But then I remembered...

AltoBelli.

Mafia.

Me.

That changes everything.

Plus, we both have the added problem of "significant others".

I have time. My plan has plenty of time to get into swing. Soon enough I'll have Halo to myself, I'll have Jameson long gone and I'll have Liza married off else where.

I promise Maria.

▪️▪️▪️

"Stop it!" Taylor snapped at Damon. He continued to grope her on the walk to the beach for the games. Clifford Valeto and his wife Valentina invited Halo and I to the beach for the games today. Everyone else had plans to relax by the beach.

Halo and the fucker walked in front holding hands like an old married couple. Fuck you Jameson. You too Halo.

"Ace!" Lisa's annoying bratty voice rang behind me. I hadn't noticed, but when I turned to look at her she had stopped behind me holding her face.