Chapter 16

Fifteen years old.

Blaine Anderson was in love.

Absolutely, head over heels in love.

And how was he not supposed to fall in love? With his perfectly soft hair, his witty and sarcastic humour, his soft hands, and how tall he was.

Kurt Hummel was perfection in Blaine's eyes.

So why the hell was he encouraging Kurt to ask out his crush on a date?

"What if he says no though?" Kurt asked, sighing and falling back on his bed.

"If he does, then it's his loss." Blaine said, moving to sit next to him.

"I'm just so nervous." Kurt said, putting his hands over his face. "I'm not ready for my first rejection."

"You don't even know if you're going to get rejected, Kurt. Stop thinking of the worst-case scenarios."

"Yeah, you're right." Kurt said. "I'm going to do it."

"What... like right now?"

"Yup, better now than never." Kurt said, standing up and walking out of the dorm room, leaving a heartbroken Blaine.

"Hey, Blaine, do you want to- what's wrong?" Jeff said, frowning at he walked into the dorm room.

"I just encouraged Kurt to ask Damian out, and he's just left to find him and do it."

"Why the hell did you do that?" Jeff said, looking at him with disapproval and sitting next to him.

"Because that's what a good best friend does."

"Not a best friend that has a crush on the other one."

"I didn't have many options. Damian is a nice guy, so I would have been scrambling for reasons why he shouldn't ask him out, and I didn't want Kurt to feel insecure and think that I don't think anyone would say yes to him." Blaine said, groaning loudly.

"I swear, you are hopeless." Jeff said, smiling at him sympathetically but trying to hide his laughter.

"Hey, we're all watchin' a movie in Thad's room, wantae join us? [Hey, we're all watching a movie in Thad's room, want to join us?]" Noah said, stepping into the dorm.

"What movie?"

"Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory."

"I'm in." Jeff said, scrambling to his feet and leaving the dorm room.

"You comin'?" Noah asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah." Blaine said, forcing and smile and leaving the room.

———

"Why are you dressing up?" Xavier asked when he looked over his book to see Kurt getting ready, looking in the mirror as he fixed his hair.

"I have a date." Kurt said, unable to stop himself from grinning.

"You and Blaine finally got together?" Xavier said.

"What? No! Me and Blaine are just friends." Kurt said, blushing deeply and looking away from him.

"Oh shit, I didn't say anything then." Xavier said, mimicking zipping his lips shut. "Who are you going on a date with then?"

"Damian."

"Damian? The guy that done a terrible rendition of 'SexyBack' and fell off the stage during the talent show last year?"