002. 𝘙𝘌𝘝𝘌𝘕𝘎𝘌 𝘖𝘍 𝘑𝘈𝘊𝘒 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘈𝘙𝘖𝘞

⊱ ━━━━━━

⊱ ━━━━━━.⋅ ꕥ ⋅.━━━━━━ ⊰

Aurora smiled at the sight of her Eevee skipping happily along Route 1, chasing the occasional Butterfree before returning to her side for a moment just to bound off again. Pidgey flew overhead, singing their signature song of freedom.

When she was younger, she wished she could have been a Pidgey. They knew no boundaries. They were free to do what they want, to go wherever they want, whenever they want with no consequences.

Deciding that she was getting hungry, they stopped in a flowery clearing for a bit. She pulled out a bag of Pokemon gummies and potato chips and ate as Eevee played in the clearing. Aurora put her snacks down to mess around with her Pokedex for only a moment, but when her hand reached back for them, they had completely disappeared.

Her eyes narrowed, ready to scold the thieving Pokemon who took her precious food and whipped around, only to find nothing there but many yards of flowers. She frowned. Surely they couldn't have gone far? Whatever it was must have hidden in the flowers.

Aurora stood and called Eevee, who immediately followed her into the flower field in search for her missing food. She brushed aside a few flower stems to find a Squirtle lounging on a tree stump, about to eat the final gummy.

"No!" She cried out, but it was too late. The Squirtle had already eaten it. As if to rub it in even further, it looked at her in the eyes and burped loudly, before standing up and walking away. Aurora and Eevee both froze in shock at what they had just witnessed.

When she snapped out of it, Aurora was fuming. She marched after it. "Hey, you little thief! Get back here!"

It stopped, turning to look at her innocently, as if it hadn't just commited the most atrocious act possible. This made her even angrier, so she put her hands on her hips to showcase this while Eevee imitated her by stamping her paws. "Why did you do that? I would have given you some if you had asked nicely."

Squirtle blinked.

Aurora blinked.

Eevee blinked.

They all blinked again.

"Stop that! Now you have to battle me. If I lose, you can get away with what you did, but if I win, you become my partner."

At the mention of battle, Squirtle's eyes glimmered with interest, but tried to play it off by shrugging and waddling a couple of feet away. Aurora grinned with excitement, realising that this was her first battle as a trainer, and potentially her first caught Pokemon as well. She looked down at Eevee, who returned her determined gaze.

"Alright, let's start with your Tackle attack!" Aurora commanded as adrenaline began to rush through her bloodstream.

"Vee!~"