𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐬.

Y/N tapped his eraser against the paper as he read. Scribbling down a few words and giving his attention back to the book right after. He was writing down points for an essay they were meant to write based on a book. Yes it was boring. Yes he loved writing.

"I'll be back. You guys want something to drink? Snacks?"

"Water is fine"

"Me too."

Yamaguchi left the room, leaving Tsukishima and Y/N alone. They didn't mind of course.

"How far are you?",

"Fifth paragraph", the teacher required at least 7, which was stupid. To Y/N at least. Since he knew he'd struggle to finish the last two without repeating himself.

Tsukishima hummed and looked back at his notes, skimming over them.

A few minutes later Y/N placed his pencil in between the pages and closed the book. He was looking forward to writing it and getting it done, but not now.

He laid back on the carpet and stared at the ceiling. Letting out an exaggerated groan when his phone began to vibrate in his pocket.

"Excuse me"

Y/N got up, almost bumping into Yamaguchi at his bedroom door. Closing it behind him and taking a few steps towards the empty bathroom.

"Yes, mom?"

Yamaguchi placed down three water bottles and sat down on the floor. Glancing at Tsukishima, which he did not appreciate.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Then stop looking at me"

"But-"

The door opened, revealing a visibly upset Y/N. He was slightly shaking.

"I have to leave earlier than we planned, sorry", his voice was stable but lighter. Packing his things and stuffing them in his bag.

"You alright?"

"Uh- yeah. I think. I'll be fine, mom just wants me home". You waved goodbye to Tsukishima as Yamaguchi followed you out in order to lock the door behind you.