From a queen to a Guard

Writer's Note: this is for friends, and the fact that I will actually be putting hard work into it is astounding. Onto the story

On one calm afternoon, the guardian of Light Kaiyo - an archellium - was simply relaxing. He would be soon interrupted though as he would hear and see a little creature wander into his land unannounced. It seemed to be young from the way it was observed to be acting, but upon closer look it became evident that the child was blind. One could only assume it was born that way, from how young it was. The archellium approached it, the young one stopping upon feeling a presence in front of it.

"A young child, here in the dome of light... hm. Little one, have you been separated from the one who cares for you?" Kaiyo spoke softly so as to not startle them.

"I lost my mommy, she told me to run and now I'm here!" The small aesho responded.

"I see." Kaiyo paused momentarily to think about what was said.
"Come child, perhaps you are in need of food? One has delightful fruit bushes." Kaiyo offered.

"Yum yum fruties!!!" And with that the aesho sped off, following its nose to find food. As Kaiyo followed, he realized that he had yet to learn the young one's name.

After the aesho had its fill of fruits and veggies, it layed down to bask in the pleasant feeling of its full stomach.

"Young one, what name do you go by?" Kaiyo asked.

"Mommy calls me Bait! Because of how I get her food!" From that Kaiyo could safely assume that the aesho's caretaker must have been a carnivore. It was quite odd though, a carnivore adopting a herbivore? Especially since one is factually at a genetic disadvantage. He willed himself not to dwell on it, deciding to wait until the caretaker of this young child came by to find it.

Until that time came, Kaiyo took responsibility for them. After the young child had a nap, it began to play. It summoned some mud, after which it began rolling around it. Its happy giggling quickly filled the air. Its play became a bit more rough, and some mud inevitably got onto Kaiyo.

"Sowey mister. . ?" Bait apologised and simultaneously asked for his name.

"Kaiyo, the guardian of Light." Kaiyo filled him in.

"Kawiyo!" Bait cheered his name before rolling around in the mud some more.

"You are making yourself very dirty, child. I will take you to a water source to clean up." Kaiyo said before leading the child towards a small pond. Bait happily jumped in and swam around; they were semi-aquatic after all, so they were in their element. While it played more Kaiyo also took the time to clean himself up, wiping the splashed mud off his body.

Soon enough, Bait would want to have another nap. Kaiyo wanted more information about their guardian though, so he stalled.

"Can you describe anything about your caretaker?" He asked.

"Mommy is super strong! She's fowught kwens! And, and swakuwins!" The child said, clearly idolizing them. The mother of this child certainly sounded powerful; fighting off strong enemies and even winning against them is no small feat.
"She says that she woves me vewy much, and dat she'd be vewy lonely wif out me!" Bait continued, but that didn't give any real type of pointers into what she could be.

"Is there anything else you know about her, child?" Kaiyo asked, but before he knew it Bait had fallen asleep and begun snoring lightly.

A few days go by, and Bait begins to seem like Kaiyo's own kid. However he steeled himself; he knew well that Bait had a real family searching for them, and he hoped that they would find them soon. During their time together, Kaiyo also gained more knowledge about Bait's caretaker. A beak like an aole, the claws of a ken, yet the icy breath of a sleirknok.