T E N

✨If you start living by the word if, my love, it's not a life worth living✨

If you start living by the word if, my love, it's not a life worth living

After lunch, Zara and I made our way back inside the building. She went to her office and I went up to mine.

We can start over again. I think. Maybe. Oh boy.

I grabbed my iPad from my desk and made my way to his office because it was time for his first meeting of the day.

Knocking on the door, he looks up at me and I notice that he's only in his white shirt and navy blue dress pants. His sleeves rolled up to his forearms and two top buttons were undone, showing me his tan chest and I think that there was a tattoo peeking out. He dragged his left hand down his face and I almost felt bad for him. I ask "Long day?" He sighs "It's hasn't been three hours since I've been here and I still don't know how my father does this." Fabric samples splattered across his glass desk, a couple of files on stocks and markets. I nod "You have a meeting in twenty minutes." He closes his eyes and sits back on against the seat, but I offer "You want me to get you coffee?" He looks at and sighs with exhaustion "Please." Before I could walk in to the machine, he said "Not the espresso. I'm more of a cappuccino guy." I smile "I'm sure I can find instant cappuccino in the kitchen somewhere."

"Thank you."

I walk towards the kitchen and the electric kettle was already warm and steaming. I grabbed the sachet of cappuccino from the cabinet above and store it in the clean blue mug and then pour the warm water. Mixing it with the wooden spoon, I threw it in the trash can and as I turn around, I look at the single jelly donut sitting right there. Calling my name.

No, you made me embarrassed today.

But it felt as if the hole on the side had a mouth of its own and it kept saying 'Come on, Lana. You know the third donuts always taste the best.' I clench my eyes shut as I grab a napkin and pick the donut up.

I make my way with the cappuccino and donut in both hands and the iPad tucked under my arm to his office. As soon as I step in, he puts his fancy black pen down and looks at me with his lips pressed with a small smile. I put the coffee on the wooden coaster for him and hold the donut in front of him. He lifts a brow in question but I say "An apology donut. Sorry for what I did to the suit and thank you for not ratting me out in front of your father." He shakes his head with a smile playing on his lips and as he reaches his hand out to grab the donut, my hands decide to get shaky and let it drop on the table. The oozing red jelly splats on the collar of his white shirt. Just a single spot near the pointy end. I clap my hand against my mouth and his jaw clenches, his lips pressed in a thin line as he lets out a harsh breath through his nose. He asks with a dangerous calm "Do you not like my suits? Is that why you've been attacking them since morning?" His blue eyes looked like they will start stabbing me soon. I kept my iPad on the chair and grabbed a couple of tissue, walking towards his side "I am so sorry." I gulped "Can I?" He sits back in his chair again and leans his head to the other side, giving me full access to his collar. I start with picking the thick jelly from crisp white collar and almost cry because it left a pink residue. He says "Well? Did it come off?" I lied "Yes?" He grabs his phone and turns on the front camera. Looking at his collar, he then looks at me "Oh, yes. Congratulation, you just left a stain."