|| Chapter eight || Why do I feel guilty?

TW:Death, minor panic attack, general angst
--
Sorry for not posting! Here's a short angst chapter while I try to get my motivation back! :D
--
3rd person
--

The pink haired male looked upon the bloodied field, the once beautiful buzzing grassland was now soiled in the blood of people he had once considered friends, he knew he disliked them. But why did he feel guilty as he looked upon these fields?

He had slaughtered many before, why was this the scene that made his chest tighten, and gave him an urge to pull out his hair and scream?.. He sighed lightly as he loosened his grip on the crossbow he was holding, letting it fall in the grass as he sunk to his knees.

As he sat there, in a daze of emotions, a familiar blonde walked up to him, grey wings puffed out, a worried expression plastered on his face as he looked at the Piglin hybrid he considered his son. The avian kneeled down next to his friend, a soft expression on his face as he gripped his shoulder firmly.

"Tech..?" The man whispered, Techno responding with a simple shift of his eyes, now looking at the blonde, "Phil.." He said quietly, voice breaking, "let's go home." Phil said gently, outstretching his hand to his friend, soft expression still present on his features as he looked down at the man next to him.

Techno gently grasped Phil's hand and pulled himself up, stumbling a bit and using Phil for support. Once Techno fully got up, they started heading home, the fields still plaguing his mind as he walked. He still had the burning emotion of guilt plaguing him.

Once he and Phil got home, Techno crashed on the couch, laying down gripping his hair tightly, "Phil, I'm so confused.." The man said quietly, hands shaking as he felt his eyes start to burn. The avian had a small look of sympathy as he sat by his friend, running a soothing hand through his hair as he responded, "why're you confused, Tech?" He asked lightly, still carding gently through Techno's locks.

"I've killed so many people.." The Piglin hybrid started, but trailed off. Phil gave him a small hum and waited for him to continue. "So why do I feel bad now?.." He asked, voice breaking a bit more as his chest tightened and tears started welling in his eyes.

Phil hummed sympathetically, "I don't know, mate.." He said quietly, leaning down and pressing a small kiss to Techno's forehead, "but it'll be okay, I'm sure the feeling will go away in time.." He said sympathetically as he watched silent tears roll down the hybrid's cheeks.

Techno sat up and quickly pulled Phil into a gentle hug, letting his tears fall as he laid his head on his friend's shoulder. Phil felt as Techno's breathing quickened in pace, a soft frown now present on his face as he pulled Techno's head to his chest. "Tech? I need you to follow my breathing." The man instructed gently, Techno nodded weakly and slowly regulated his breathing, taking deep breaths of air.

Once Techno got his breathing under control, Phil held up a proposition, "let's sleep.." He hummed before continuing, "We can cuddle while we lay down." Phil proposed before Techno could say he didn't feel like sleeping. Phil sighed and caved in letting himself be picked up and carried, almost effortlessly to their bedroom. Techno getting on the left side of the bed and Phil getting on the right, before Phil made a move and they started cuddling.

Phil wrapping his wings around Techno protectively as he cried silently into his chest, a soft look on his face as he looked down at the male. He sighed quietly and carded his fingers through Techno's hair, him shifting a bit but not moving to say he was uncomfortable, in all honestly, it seemed as though the pinkette was asleep.

And he was, he was quite happy to fall asleep in the safe embrace of the man he saw as a best friend, and his only friend. He was relaxed in the man's arms, so he feel asleep, safe, comfortable, happy, and relaxed.
--
Sorry, again, that I haven't been posting. 'Been busy and I lost motivation. I sincerely apologize!

Also sorry this is short, anyway, see you in my next post, my potatoes <3