Chapter 2 - The Date

When we finally got into the theatre we got a large popcorn, a Pepsi, and a Coke. The Pepsi was for him and the coke was for me because I'm not a big of a fan of Pepsi and besides; you have to pick a drink, either Pepsi or coke, and I would choose Coke any time of the year.

When we took our seats the commercials were rolling. It was for a movie called "If I Stay." To be fair, it looked really interesting; it was about a girl named Mia who played the cello, and met a guy named Adam, but then she got into a car accident. I'm pretty sure Riley was talking about the book, and how the movie was coming soon. She was so excited, and now I see why. I saw "Ren" walk into the theatre and they took their seats beside us, also known as Riley and Ben. I had come up with a ship name just to tease her after she told me about her first date with him. After a couple minutes, the preview were over and the movie started.

Half way through the movie, River did the old yawn trick thing; he was about to put his arm around me when I heard a loud cough come from a couple rows behind us. River must of heard it to because I noticed that he looked back like me. The guy must of stopped because we didn't see anyone coughing after that. We turned back around; River was putting his arm on my chair when we heard another cough. I looked back again, quicker this time. I caught the guy in action, who he had his hood up wearing a hat.

"I'll be right back," I whispered to River, smiling politely.

"Okay, I'll be here," he whispered back, with a small crooked grin.

I walked over to the guy with the hat and said sweetly, "Excuse me, sir, me and my boyfriend are-"

I was cut with a loud "WHAT" from the guy who exclaimed, while some people stared, including River.

"Hey, Drew, next time you try and spy on my date, try not to wear my hat," I whispered-shouted, removing the hat from his head. "Or better yet, just don't spy on me!"

"As your older brother, I'm just trying to look out for you! Oh, and did you say boyfriend?!" My older brother, Drew, whispered-shouted back.

"I was just messing with you, now go home. I'll see you when I get back," I giggled, shaking my head. With that I left and finally went back to my seat. River didn't ask any questions, which I was relieved because I think it would be embarrassing to say that my brother was trying spying on me on a date with some guy I didn't even know personally.

*****

The movie was over and River was now walking me up to my door. "I had a great time tonight, we should do this again sometime," he said sounding a little shy, with a tiny grin.

"Yeah, definitely, I had an amazing time too," I said with a smile.

At that he smiled, we were in front of my door and he stated to lean in and so did I. I watched as he closed his eyes as I did the same, just as we were about to close the distance between us, the door went flying open, surprising both of us and me being the clumsy one, fell on my butt with pain shooting through my tailbone, as I yelped. Of course, the one who startled me, standing there laughing was my idiot brother, Drew. I looked over and got up, as River looked like he was trying to hold in his laughter. We said quickly goodbye and he made his way back to his car as soon as we got back inside, Drew finally calmed down and started to tease me.

Jerk.

"What, no 'good night kiss?' Wow, is your breath really that bad?" He asked in the most serious tone. I slapped his arm and he bursted into laughter, tears coming out his eyes.

He's such a loser, laughing at his own jokes.

"Actually for your information, we did kiss and it was excellent," I lied, smirking, but he didn't know that.

I quickly went upstairs and heard him calling my name. As soon as I got up to my room took a shower, got into my super comfy pj booty shorts, tank top and got into my bed. I couldn't sleep at first because I kept staring at the ceiling, thinking about the date with River.

He almost kissed me.

We just met were we moving to fast? Was there going to be another date? Either way, he did seem like good company the entire time and he seemed really nice, so if he asked I wouldn't hesitate with saying yes. After thinking for a while, I fell fast asleep, having the best dreams that I've had in a long time.