Chapter 24

It was 7 in the evening when Sunhee finished doing her laundry at the nearest laundromat to the shop. Hoseok was back in Seoul again but he was too busy to even think about anything else. The difference in their work time was making it harder for them to call up and chat. He was usually working when Sunhee was already done with work. He would be going to bed by the time Sunhee be up and working. They were just nearby but the situation they were in made it seemed as if they were in a long-distance relationship.

Sunhee didn't mind much since she had her own work to keep herself busy. She thrived on the messages and videos he sent. He sometimes sent gifts at the shop. Not the huge grandiose kind of gifts. It was the things he bought when he was away - some trinkets, simple jewelry and even some scrunchies that he said reminded him of her. That was enough.

Sunhee was putting her folded clothes in her basket as her phone rang. Her face broke into a smile as she saw the caller ID. "Babe, how are you?"

"I'm doing fine. Missing my aegi bad," said Hoseok. "Sounds like you're not at the shop."

"I'm not. Doing my laundry nearby. I'm just done by the way," said Sunhee.

"I have a couple of hours of free time. Would you like having dinner with me?" he asked.

"Of course, I'd love to." Sunhee's mind was figuring out the best way to save time at that moment. She eyed her laundry basket and it would definitely not fit into Hoseok's backseat. The walk back to the bakery will take about 10 minutes. She needed to plan really well. "Where are you now?" she asked.

"I'm about 30 minutes away," he answered. He was already in the car from the sound of it.

"Do you have any place in mind?" asked Sunhee.

"No. We got rescheduled at the last minute and are now free. I just want to go out with you and I'm hungry," said Hoseok. "Do you know any good restaurant we could go to?"

Sunhee calculated mentally and started strategizing. For a 2 hours duration, there won't be enough time to go anywhere far from the bakery. Hoseok's 30-minute drive would leave them with an hour and a half - or an hour if he needed to be back from where he was at, on the dot. She knew the restaurants around the bakery would be packed for dinner and getting a table without reservations would be difficult. By the time they could sit and eat, Hoseok would have to leave again.

She had beef bulgogi marinating in her fridge and there's still rice from lunch, enough for both of them. She could cook the beef and have it ready by the time Hoseok arrives. "The dinner rush would be crazy right now and we would have to wait for our turn," she replied. "Are you up for a homecooked meal? I'm planning to have bulgogi tonight."

"That sounds great. Would it be okay? I don't want to cause you much trouble."

"Babe, what are you talking about? Of course it's no trouble. I already have the beef marinating in my fridge," assured Sunhee. "It'll be ready by the time you reach the shop."

"Good. I'll see you there," said Hoseok.

"Drive safe, babe," said Sunhee and made a quick dash outside the laundromat. She was glad she got a wheeled basket for her laundry. It was easier to wheel that off than having to carry it along the way. She was walking as fast as the laundry load permitted her and reached the shop in record time. She put her basket in her room and wore her apron. She went to the speaker and plugged in her phone. She knew she worked faster with the help of some of the songs she had on her list and started to get busy.

There was a knock on the door as she was putting the side dish on the table.

"Right on time," greeted Sunhee as she saw Hoseok at the door.