004. Meet our new captain america

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ - ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀ sᴘᴀɴɢʟᴇᴅ ᴍᴀɴ
𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐: 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒄𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒂

✯✯✯

"𝐈'𝐌 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐘 about Redwing," Bucky said as they were walking toward where the jet they came from was situated.

"No, you're not," Sam scoffed. 

"Guys, not now," y/n pleaded and both of them turned to her. 

"Are you sure you're alright Y/n ?" Sam asked, seeing her slightly limping on her leg. 

"It's just a scratch," she replied with a reassuring smile. Bucky frowned and looked down at y/n's leg, standing in front of her.

"Buck" she started.

"Is it when we both fell down? Your leg is covered in blood,"

"Buck, it's not your fault. I just slipped on the side of the truck when I caught you. You know the side that the flag smasher destroyed," she explained and walked around Bucky, continuing her way. "We got to figure out where the serum's coming from," 

"Yeah. And how in the hell after 80 years are there eight Super Soldiers runnin' lose," Sam added. 

They heard a car on their right and turned their heads, seeing a military truck stopping a few inches in front of them. Walker and Hoskins were in it, of course.

"So that didn't go as planned, huh?" Walker said with a arrogant smile. 

The three of them walked past the two soldiers, and Y/n simply glanced at them. Yet they continued to ride next to them.

"Look, at least we know what we're up against now," he continued "And we're pretty sure it's one of the big three so,"

"Aliens, android or wizards?" Sam asked

"There's no such thing as wizards" Bucky argued, making Y/n chuckled slightly

"Then it's aliens or androids..."

"Or super soldier," she added

"Super Soldiers, for real?" Lemar asked and Y/n didn't answer, looking straight ahead of her. She knew how to recognize unreal force. 

"Alright, well, then we gotta work together," John proposed

"That's not happening," Bucky said, looking in front of him. 

"I think we stand a much better chance if we all just.." John started but Bucky cut him off, abruptly stopping in his tracks and turning around. 

"Just cause you carry that shield, it doesn't mean you're Captain America,"

"Look I've done the work, okay?" John replied, starting to get on his nerves. 

"You ever jumped on top of a grenade?" Bucky asked. 

"Yeah. Actually, I have. Four times. Look, it's 20 miles from the airport. You guys need a ride, especially Y/n," John said, pointing at her, referring to her injured leg. He opened the door at the back of the truck "Get in."

Y/n found herself sitting in between Sam and Bucky as John continued to talk. She crossed her arms, leaning against the truck and trying to ignore the stabbing pain in her leg as much as she could.

"So we've got eight super soldiers on a bulk supply run. Why?" John asked, looking between the three of them. 

"They say their mission is to get things back to the way it was during the blip" Sam explained "Maybe they're just trying to help,"

"They had a funny way of showing it," Bucky added, glancing at Y/n. 

"Yeah that looks quite bad," Lemar said, looking down at Y/n's leg. 

"I'm alright, thank you," she answered to who seemed to be the least stupid of the two.

"That serum doesn't exactly have a great track record. No offense" John added and both Y/n and Bucky glared at him. 

"We need to figure out where they're going. How'd you track them here?" Sam asked

"Uh no, we didn't track them. We tracked you, through huh Redwing" Lemar said, rubbing behind his neck. 

"What?" Y/n asked. 

"You hacked my tech?"

"Sorry, it's not exactly hacking. It's government property," John said and pointed at him and Hoskins with a chuckle "Kind of the government,"

"Does he always just stare like that?" he asked after he saw Bucky looking at him, or mostly staring. 

"Yeah, you get used to it" Y/n replied, crossing her arms. 

"You really look like your brother," John said with a smirk. 

"You didn't know my brother,"

John cleared his throat, looking around "I know things have gotten kind of, uh"

"Chaotic," Lemar finished for him. 

"Yeah. The GRC, they're doing the best they can to get things up and running smoothly, post blip. They're basically just managing resources for the refugees who were displaced by the return,"

"Yeah, they do all that. I get that, so why exactly are you two here?" Sam asked, getting fed up. 

"Well, they provide the resources and we keep things stable. Violent revolutionaries aren't usually good for anyone's cause" Lemar explained. 

"Usually said by the people with the resources," Y/n mumbled. 

"If you guys, if you joined up with us, we could..." John started.

"No" Bucky simply said. 

"I got mad respect for you all, but you were getting your asses kicked till we showed up," Lemar said. 

"Who are you again?" Y/n asked

"Lemar Hoskins,"

"I see a guy hanging out of a helicopter in tactical gear, I need more than Lemar Hoskins," Sam said. 

"I'm Battlestar. John's partner,"

"Battlestar?" Bucky scoffed and shouted toward the driver "Stop the car!"

Bucky opened the door and got out, not listening to John's words.

"I get the attitude. You didn't think that the shield was gonna end up here. I get it, Bucky!"

Sam and Y/n looked at each other and watched as he walked away.   

"I'm not trying to be Steve. I'm not trying to replace him, I'm just trying to be the best captain America I can be." John said as his voice calmed down.

"It'd be a whole lot easier if I had Cap's wingmen on my side. Or girl," he said and turned to Y/n, who raised her eyebrows at his words. 

"Okay, bye," she scoffed and got out, walking after Bucky, Sam soon joining the two of them.