Puppy Love

Makoto: 

Your parents already knew about your little relationship since you announced it happily and proudly at dinner last week. Neither of them really minded since the "relationship" seemed child-like and superficial. In fact, they were just planning on letting the puppy love run its course rather than trying to interfere. 

Or at least that was the plan until Makoto walked past your room one day and saw you putting together a suitcase, "Uhh, what'cha doing?" 

"Packing," You replied casually. 

"Why's that?" Makoto asked curiously, leaning against the door frame and watching as you continued to pack clothes and other necessities. 

"I'm moving in with Haru," Ah, yeah, he was gonna need to have a talk with you. 

"Are you now?" 

"Uh huh!" 

"So, are you getting your own place or are you gonna live with his family?" 

"His family," 

"His parents might not like that," Makoto tried to reason. He finally decided to enter your room  and chose to stand by your side as you stuffed your bag. 

You seemed to stop packing momentarily, staring down at your belongings. "...Then we'll run away together," You finally replied. You said it so matter-of-factly before you resumed. 

"I don't know about that. I think you're gonna have to wait until you're both a little older," Makoto responded, putting a hand on your own to halt your packing. 

"But I don't wanna wait!" You complained, a disgruntled look on your face as you finally met your dad's gaze. "We're in love now!" 

"I know you don't, but sometimes you gotta do things you don't like." Makoto could understand your frustration and tried to appeal to it the best he could. 

"If it was mommy, would you wait?" You asked snippily. 

Makoto actually thought about it. It took him a few seconds before he replied with a smile, "Yeah, I would. Because if you really love someone, they're worth the wait," 

You looked away from him and back at your belongings before letting out a huff. "...Fine," You muttered in defeat, slowly taking your stuff out of the bag and putting it away. 

He lovingly patted your head and began to help you unpack, "That's my girl." He'd have to give himself a pat on the back for that one later. He felt like he diffused the situation very well. 

Chihiro:

 "How was your day at school today, (N/N)?" Chihiro asked at dinner. 

"It was good," you replied, moving your food from side to side. You started to summarize everything you learned that day, but it was in the form of those confusing child ramblings that went on and on. Chihiro took an educated guess and assumed you were learning some form of history. 

"Really? I remember learning about that when I was your age. Did anything else interesting happen today?" Chihiro asked, continuing the conversation. 

You shook your head, "No, not really." Chihiro hummed at that before asking Chiaki the same question. 

Time went on, and after everyone was done with dinner, Chihiro brought out some ice cream for dessert. "So, what's with the little gummy ring around your finger? You've been wearing it ever since you got home," He finally asked. 

He had been wondering about it all day, assuming you were pretending it was jewelry or that you were going to eat it eventually. 

"Hmm?" You seemed confused at first before you took a look at your hand. In seconds your indifferent attitude turned ecstatic, "Oh, right! I'm married now!"