Five

We molded together perfectly.

Yet his lips did not have the feel I expected. I'm not sure exactly what I had anticipated, but they were different. There are no words to describe how it felt, but I won't deny that he was a good kisser.
He was too good.

It made me uncomfortable because he was perfect at it. You'd think that I would appreciate his thought out techniques, but it was the opposite.

Jay obviously has had much experience with girls, gaining knowledge of what they prefer. And he knew exactly what I preferred because it's what every other girl likes.

Personally, I'm more for a natural kiss. It sounds odd, but regardless, I don't like the thought of his lips on numerous others before they are on mine.

And that is why I gathered up the self-control to push him away.

I removed the palms of my hands from his neck, placing them onto his firm chest. The car window behind my head was preventing me from pulling away, so I pushed enough for him to be pried from me.

His eyes looked straight into mine, searching for answers. But I gave him none.

"I'm sorry if I moved too fast," he said in a voice that was just above a whisper. His tone was gentle, caressing my heart. "But I thought..."
Jay's mouth remained open as he trailed off, but no words came out.

I'm sure that it was a foreign feeling to him. Not only being rejected, but also not having the capability of putting together words.
He normally has a comeback for everything.

After a long period of silence, I decide to speak up.
"What did you think, Jay?"

"W-well," he stammered out. "I'm not really sure, to be quite honest. But you didn't seem to mind if I kissed you, so I took the opportunity."

"You can't just kiss me whenever you feel like it."

"I know that, Raina. I just really like you."

"You need to stop saying that," I dismiss.
I'm still not convinced that he likes me. He likes the idea of me.

"I'm never going to stop saying it. Please, just give me a chance. I'll prove you wrong, and I'll treat you right."

"So this is a game?"

"What?" He blurts, staring at me like there was two heads on my shoulders. "Of course not."

"But you just said that you want to prove me wrong," I retort. I can't believe how stubborn I actually am when it comes to this boy.

"There's a difference between proving someone wrong and playing a game."

"You view everything as a game," I test. "When you are more mature, maybe I'll consider giving you a chance."

"Damn it," he mutters while clinching his fists. The frustration was apparent at this point. "You act like you don't care about me, then you continue to be around me."

My eyes roll slightly. "What's your point?"

"My point is, if you had absolutely no interest then you would deny being near me. We constantly hang out."

"Hanging out is-"

"Let me finish," he cuts back in. "Spending time together may not seem like a big deal to you. But it is to me, Raina. I have never tried to get to know a girl like this before. And plus, you didn't exactly hate when I kissed you. You would've slapped me if you didn't want my lips on yours in the first place."
It was my turn to be speechless.