𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

"So, I'm being used, Mister Shelby."

*•*

*•*

The walk was silent.

The only sound being from their shoes hitting the pavement they walked on or the occasional sound of a whistle from the wind that blew in the crisp, bitter air.

The Shelby man had no clue where they were going. He didn't plan on asking, by this point he'd follow her anywhere after the night they just had. It didn't mean his curiosity wasn't at its highest peak. Her voice held finality, her facial expression displayed signs of caution or was it nervousness. All he knew was that what ever she was about to show him, it was consequential.

The street was dimly lit, a lonesome lamp stood planted in the ground sparking only the smallest of light. Leticia's steps slowed down in pace, Thomas matching her steps once he realized they were near their destination. Tossing his cigarette to the ground, he stuffed his hands in his trouser pockets, his eyes peaking up from under his cap.

Bellezza Nera.

Standing in front of the closed shop caused Tommy's curiosity to bloom. He couldn't figure out what could be so important in a clothing store that she wanted to show him. He examined the building as Lettie took her keys out of her handbag to unlock the door.

Once unlocked, she stepped in hearing the footsteps of the Shelby man following right behind. Turning on the lights, Thomas could finally see the features of the shop that had grown popular in Small Heath. This was his first time being in Bellezza Nera since he had met the Morelli woman. Over time he had absentmindedly forgotten she was a business woman and not someone who only received and gave over information to him. She had a whole life she had built on her own. Analyzing her work around the shop, he grew slightly impressed for a woman at twenty-three years old having accomplished such success.

Pinching his fingers around the fabric of a coat displayed on a mannequin, he looked back to the woman who had bent down under the counter to retrieve a small box that contained a key.

"It's been almost four years since the opening of Bellezza Nera. It was all a wild dream at first," rounding the counter slowly, she looked at the small metal key in her hand. She wanted to dive deep, but she kept it straight to the point. She was drained from their earlier events, so much so she started having second thoughts but she knew she'd never get another chance like this again.

Fully facing the woman now, he remained silent. This was the most she's ever talked about, well, her. He didn't want to interrupt or say a word, he didn't want to risk the chance of losing the opportunity to finally figure her out a little more.