So Bold, Make Them Know That You're With me

A/N: Bit of a long one, over 7,000 words. I've been excited for this one for a while, hope you like it as much as I do <3

So, mum knows H. H was around when she was little. He was friends with Grammy and grandad. That means grandad could be the man in these photos.

Things we know about H and L:

1. H has one and only, please, and let us love written on his diary.

2. L and H aren't allowed to be together. Why? Unknown.

3. Grammy was friends with H, L, and G

4. We don't know who L or G are, but we have ideas. Darcy doesn't agree with mine.

5. ...

6. L wrote an entry for H, so we know they were truly in love with each other. It wasn't unrequited.

7. L.T. are L's full initials.

8. L was having a baby, but according to later in the entry, the baby was lost. H was just as sad to learn this as he was to learn of the pregnancy.

9. H was around when mum was a child. He was still close with Grammy when he got older.

That's not a lot to go on and it's nothing groundbreaking, but it's something that we didn't know before, so take from that what you will.

Reign thinks she's cracked the code somehow, but she's keeping it to herself for now. I only know that because I saw her writing on a separate paper 'Things I Know but Darcy Wouldn't Agree With' so that's just great for her. I've since made my own list as well with what I think I know that she doesn't agree with. I wish she'd tell me, and I wish we could talk out our theories, but we would never be able to meet in the middle, so secret separate missions it is. For now.

It's getting to be too much. Nothing new is coming out of the diary, I'm so lost, and there's no point in trying to get anything else out of Grammy or mum. If I take the diary to H, he'll take all his things back and I lose those too. There's no win-win scenario for me.

"Reign?" I call from my place at my desk.

"What?" She yells back from her room.

"Do you want to go to North Shore with me? I told mum I was going already," I pull on my black Polk-a-dot bathing suit and shoes.

"In Blackpool?"

"Yeah, it's not that far. An hour tops," I pull on my wrap over my head and grab my keys and wallet.

"I guess so. What for?"

"I, um, I read a few diary entries the other night and that was one of the beaches that he named in one of them," I say feeling guilty that I read without her and have been holding the diary hostage. I'm a selfish person, I know this about myself.

"One of the beaches?" She walks into my room dressed in her own suit and wrap, ready to go.

"There were a few that he and L went to often with friends of theirs, but North Shore was one that he mentioned more than once, it was like their spot," I pack up my purse and walk out the door with her on my heels.

"You're close to the end of the diary. What are you going to do when it's over?" We settle into the car and set off for North Shore.

"I don't know. I don't see how there can only be maybe a dozen more entries and that just be it. He has to have more somewhere. Maybe he has them or maybe Grammy knows where they are,"
"Maybe he only recorded part of his life. Or maybe he and L broke up after that," Reign suggests. She sits in the passenger seat, tapping away on her phone and pretending like she isn't as interested and invested in this as she is.