one.

The sunlight shining from outside the movie theatre exit quite literally blinded Jeongin, but nothing could have diverted his attention from how much he disliked the cheesy Japanese romance movie he just watched—actually, the cheesy Japanese romance movie he was forced to sit through with you.

It was intriguing at first. The acting was over-the-top, but it wasn't bad, he wouldn't say so. The plot was as cliché as he would expect a typical romance movie to be; girl meets boy, they hate each other, they get stuck together under miraculous circumstances, they get to know each other through a mutual agreement, a one-minute montage of them having fun and slowly falling in love with each other, and lastly, a happy ending!

Or, well, a not-so-happy ending but still a tolerably non-angsty ending for this movie.

It was bittersweet, that was the genre he could categorize the ending into since the two main leads didn't end up with each other at the end as he expected them to. And, for that reason alone, he thought the movie was a waste of time.

How could they not end up together after everything they have been through together? What about the bickering and the inside jokes? What about the shared umbrella and the shared bed? He sat through two hours of a movie catering toward the enemies-to-lovers trope and the two main leads don't end up together? What atrocity!

"Ugh, the ending is so romantic!"

Jeongin furrowed his brows in disagreement as he side-eyed you. There was a dreamy look in your eyes, your hands still curled into tiny, excited fists from watching the climax of the movie where the stupidly stubborn boy protagonist finally confessed his feelings to the girl, who later had to tell him she had to study abroad.

The only thing lacking from the dramatic confession scene was the obnoxious rain, but they had the long running montage down where the boy ran from the school to the park in under fifteen seconds, so Jeongin wasn't all too disappointed in it. He just didn't understand what was so exciting about it.

"How was it romantic?" He asked with a curious scoff, his hand reaching out to push open the glass door of the shopping mall for you because you were still too drowned in your vivid recollection to do it yourself. "They had to leave each other after everything. They might as well have never confessed to each other if their relationship was going to turn out this way."

The air-conditioning of the shopping mall hit you quickly and you shivered at the cold. It was still February, the cold weather carried over from the freezing Christmas hasn't even died down enough, yet public places have already begun flaring their air-conditioners like the electricity bills would be free of charge this year. You pulled your jacket closer around your body, let out an audible shiver, and turned around to look at Jeongin.

"Romantic movies aren't romantic only if they end up together. It depends on the gestures the characters do throughout the movie," you explained carefully, still feeling rather excited to recite what happened near the end of the movie. "Like at the end, when he gave her his jacket before she boarded the plane, and he took off the second button of his jacket–ah! That's so sweet!"

Jeongin looked around him discreetly, hoping no one was close enough to hear your enthusiastically loud squeal. He almost clamped his hand over your mouth or stepped away from you as reaction measures, but he refrained from doing them because of the umbrella he was holding in one of his free hands. He would either drop it or poke you with it, and neither action was desirable to him because they would only make you louder.

"Why?" He frowned incredulously, his eyes turning into a thin line as the corners of his lips quirked down in question. With a semi-mocking tone, he teased, "Oh, the love of my life gave me a broken jacket! That's so sweet! What are you, kidding?"