chapter 15

It was a usual Monday morning, the Avengers sat on the breakfast table eating and laughing together. Bucky walked in,sat himself down next to Grace and rested his head on her shoulder. "Long night?", she asked. Bucky nodded. "Yeah, I was trying to get the Signal back on Davina, since we lost it, but not a chance... I lost her, again." As he was grabbing a knife to cut his bun the backdoor suddenly flew open. He threw his knife, but it stopped in the air. "Nice try Barnes.", Davina said, while using her power to stop the knife. "Better luck next time to kill me. And before you all try to kill me and miserably fail, Im not here to harm anyone. Just want to have a little talk with my beloved auntie." She tilted her head and smiled. Steve stood up and put his hands on Graces shoulders. "What do you want from her?" "Like I said, just a little talk, but just the two of us. I dont need two dogs on the leash trying to save her from me.", Davina looked at Thor and Steve, while saying that. No one moved. "Oh come on, do I need to do it all by myself now?", Davina added and formed energy balls. The group slowly stood up from the table and walked towards her slowly. "A little bit faster please, its not like all of you are over 100 years old." As the group stood ouside in the garden, Davina closed the doors with her magic and locked them. "So, lets get this party started.", she said while turning to Grace and clapping.

*half an hour later*

"What are they doing inside? Its been half an hour?", Steve nervously asked walking circles. "Cap if you dont stand still right now, Im giving in to the urge to glue you to the ground.", Tony stated, which earned him an eye roll. Suddenly the doors opened again and Davina walked outside. "Shes all yours again. Thank you for the cooperation, we really need to do this more often.", she said sarcastically. While the rest walked in again, Bucky waited outside, walking over to her. "Hey you.", he said pulling her in. Davina immediately pulled away. "Dont." "Dont what?" "You know what I mean." She tried to walk past him, but he gripped her wrist pulling her in again. "Bucky stop." "No, not until you tell me why you where so distant the last time we saw each other." She tried to get herself away from him, but his grip only got tighter. Suddenly he noticed something on her wrist, something he has seen before.

*flashback*

Bucky was sitting in his cell, when suddenly his door opened slightly. The girl walked in again, holding her teddy bear in her hand. She limped and was crying. "Hey, come here my love.", he softly said pulling her in for a hug. "What happened?", Bucky asked calmly. "They, they touched me. I didnt wanted them to Touch me. I wanted to see my mommy, but they didnt let me go.", she stuttered and started crying again. "Hey, listen to me." He sat her up and softly put her hair behind her ears. Then Bucky took her hand, took dort from the ground and painted a symbol on her wrist. "That is a sign for strenght, your strenght. You are as brave as a look, dont stop fighting, okay love?", he explained to her. "By the way whats your name?", he asked. "My dad called me little Star." Bucky smiled at her. "Little Star it is."

*end of flashback*

He stared at her wrist. "Let me go, you idiot!", Davina snapped him back to reality. "That symbol, on your wrist. Where did you get that?" "None of your business.", she hissed and finally broke free of his grip. "WHERE DID YOU GET IT!", he screamed at her. Davina sighed. "Someone, who saved me drew it on my wrist. It is a sign of strength and as I was done letting myself get bullied, I made a Tattoo out of it. I barely remember the person, but that symbol was burned into my head.", she replied. There was a short silence. "Dont you remember me, little Star?", Bucky said with desperate in his voice. Davina stared at him in shock. "How do you... How do you know that name?" And suddenly it hit her. She stumbled back. "No, no, no, no, that cant be true. It couldnt have been you." "Davina, please calm down." She started to panic. "Bucky please, leave me alone." Davina opened a portal and walked through it, but Bucky was able to get in too. "Where is this idiot of a Barnes again?", Tony asked walking outside and seeing them walk into a portal. "Son of a bitch.", he whispered and turned around.

*A cabin in the woods by a lake*

Davina ran out of the portal in the forest, trying to stop her growing panic attack. Suddenly she heard a movement and turned around. As she saw Bucky she started running again. He chased her and due to his Serum he catched her pretty fast. "Dont you dare run away from me again.", he said out of breath, holding her in his arms so she cant run away again. "Let me go!" Davina released a slight wave of her power, causing Bucky to let her go and catch his fall. "Jeez Davina, what's wrong with you?!" Bucky hissed at her. As he turned to her, he saw her sobbing and shaking on her knees. "Hey, whats wrong?", he softly asked and got on his knees too, putting his hands on her shoulders. "I hurt you...", she whispered. "What?" "I hurt you... with putting that damn Winter Soldier in you again. I caused you pain.", she started to yell now. "I caused the person I loved pain!" She cried uncontrolably. He looked at her in shock. "You love me?" Davina turned to him. "Past tense. When I was a little girl, I fell in love with you. Thats the reason I got that tatoo, to never forget you. I swore myself to never hurt the ones I love... Now look where tgat has gotten me..." she stood up and walked over to a tree to stabilize herself. "Davina, you didnt knew. Dont blame yourself." He pulled her to him and whiped away her tears. "You hear me? Its not your fault." She looked down, burrying her head in his chest, still sobbing. Bucky pulled softly on her chin, so that she was facing him. He cupped her face and gave her a kiss. At first she was resistent, but then gave in. They leaned on the tree, her hands on his neck, his hands on her waist, after a while he pulled away. "God Davina, Im crazy about you." She still had her eyes closed, but smiled at his comment. For a while they enjoyed the silence. Then Davina pulled Buckys hair slightly. "Come on, lets go into this cabin." They walked towards the cabin hand in hand. "What is this place anyway?" Bucky asked. "Its my safe place, where I come to when Im at my lowest." They walked inside,closed the door and walked upstairs. When they came down again, Davina frowned. "Did your shoes have mud on them?", she asked. "Nope, why?" "Nevermind, must've been from mine then.", she said and washed away the footprint of mud, who didnt belong to either one of them.

*Hey everyone,
I just wanted to give you a quick Update on my plan for the next few weeks :)

Obviuosly I will finish this story, I am currently at Chapter 21 and I believe the Story will be done in 3 to 4 chapters, so it will be done in about a month.

Thank you for sticking with me and reading this story, it really means a lot to me :)

Also I have a new Story in planning, not particularly a marvel Story but with no other than our beloved Tom Hiddleston ;) Ive already created it as a new story, but will start uploading it after this story is completely done, so feel free to add 'You May Love Me One Day' to your reading list :)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Have a great day or night wherever you are.

Love you 3000,

-J*