C2 -The First Talk

The walk was long and boring from the nurse's office to the General's office. The walls were blank except for an occasional door that wasn't labeled. The building was hot no matter where I went; now I understand why my clothes were removed in the nurse's office. I think I would have died from a heat stroke if they weren't. I got into one of the main hall ways that had a bunch of people; I was fine with that, it's better than roaming aimlessly alone. 

        As everyone talked and pass by me, I searched for any familiar faces from my village I spotted one but he rather see me dead then let me say hi to him. He always hated me without a reason to give. I turned and looked at a map of the building and I was in shock and aw, forty levels each looking like a maze. "Why is there so many damn floors, the outside looks like it's one floor."

        "Well in a sense it really is just one floor, just spread out so far that it can be mistaken for more." I turned to see a taller male, without a shirt on and sweat making him shine. For a good minute I had a lost of words because he smiled just right, a smile my brother gave before disappearing... 

        I was brought back to reality with his hand waving in my face, "Are you okay."

        I shook my head, "Ya sorry I was zoning out badly again." I felt like an idiot, "What did you mean that it's stretched out, from the outside it looks like a good medium sized building." I tilted my head at him, still looking at his smile.

        He gave a good laugh, "Are you serious? This building is expanding every day, that's why a lot of rooms are not even label, nor used. The runes are making this place expand so the military took advantage of it. Imagine having a unlimited space without worrying about the space on the outside. Although its bad because they still put people into share dorms."

        I felt so confused on all the things he said, it may have helped if I wasn't staring at his body. "Wait, people have to live in shared dorms, even with all these unused rooms?"

        "Ya its because a certain part of the building will still expand, so a person room could end up four miles away in one night, sometimes even an hour. So what dorm do you have?"

        I stuck my hand in my pocket and felt my way through it to find a paper. Once I did I pulled it out and read the number on it, "40-BR" I looked up at him if he knew where that was. He gave me a look of both fear and laughter. "Why do you have that kind of face?"

        He tried to hide his fear laughter, "Well that room you just gave, is the room of the top ranking solider, the only female to make it into the top five ever, but on the good part you are the dorm across the hall from me." I looked at him with a realization that she was top ranked for a reason. I also knew little about her from my village because her reputation traveled far.

        "Wait why am I paired in a room with her, why not another male like you?" I looked at him with fear and he only gave back laugh.

        "She requested you that's why, didn't you notice you don't have the same slip of paper as everyone else?" I looked down at the paper it had a thin line of gold around my name and under it had the word request then I looked at some people passing by. They were holding a white piece of paper that only had black letters and numbers on them and nothing else. I looked back up at him; it looked like he had a light bulb turn on in his head. "I know why she requested you....its because the stunt you pulled with the General. She always like risk takers, so I'm guessing she claimed you as hers."

        I looked at him with fright, "But I don't like woman."

        He laughed and shook his head, "No not like that, when she claims someone, she trains them or make them became her servant, so you better hope you become her servant. When she trains someone, they normally go insane or get hurt so badly they die." I wasn't sure if he was kidding on the last part or not, either was I was scared of her. After a few minutes of pointless talk, I asked where the General's office was, he showed me on the map with his shiny, muscles.

        We parted and went different ways, but now my travel was back to unlabeled doors, and empty hallways. I started to drift into my own head to distract me from the boredom, but as I drifted I felt wondering eyes watching me. Each time I looked back no one was there, but I knew someone was. I turned and looked at a door that was taller than the rest and it had a label, it said, "General's Office."

        I felt excitement come through me that I didn't have to walk anymore. I opened the door and walked, and I knew the eyes would be hearing in. The General looked at me with disappoint, "Young man, you live? Most people I hit like that die." I was fearful for me life, then he laughed, it made me feel better that he was joking. He looked at me, "Now let's talk about your trouble today, you need to stay in line and not show that many runes at once, it can drain your magic, but one thing you did good on was having some healing you at the same time...." He looked at me and kept talking, I didn't know what he was saying, because he lifted a paper weight and threw it at the door. Footsteps ran off.

        "Sir, how many runes do you have?" He replied with holding up one finger, "What, you only have one rune and you did that much damage...no you're a general with one rune."

        "Well just because a person has a lot of runes doesn't mean they are stronger or skilled." He offered me a drink which I took because the heat was getting to me. I drank it quick with loud gulps, and soon I could feel my limbs falling asleep, things started to become hazy and drifted. I tried to get up off the chair but instead fell.

        "What did you do to me." He looked at me with a horrible smile, not one like the male before but one a killer would have.

        "If she didn't claim you, I would have." I could barely see anything, only my hearing could see for me. Something dropped to the floor, and then another and soon only panting filled my ears. My mind went blank.

        I woke up in my dorm room with my blankets barely covering my feet and my clothes barely on. The room was dark and hard to figure out what each figure was. I open my eyes more and more to see a girl staring at me from her bed. She stared at me with a innocent looks, for a second she looked like she was a scared little girl, but only for a second.

        A smirk came across her face and the next thing I saw was her fist coming at me, but she was still in one spot. I quickly moved from the path of the hand. "What the hell." She stood off her bed and threw two more fists my way, both I move away from quickly. I landed on the ground next to my bed and saw her getting closer and closer.

        I tried my best to stay out of the fists paths, but the last one she threw hit my leg. The pain bounced through my body, but I made sure not to scream. She looked with an innocent but curious face, she threw two more punches one hit my other leg and the other hit my chest. I looked at her, my eyes felt like they changed, something felt weird about myself, my pain disappeared, my voice changed to a deep heavy strong voice, but it felt like I didn't even have control of myself. "Fine girl you want to fight then I'll fight back."

         She smiled an innocent smile, "Do your worst." I stood up and walked right next to her, but as I did it, everything seemed to go slower than normal, like I was taking five steps every one step she took. I got ready to take a swing and she turned towards me and with both of her fist she hit me. My body slammed against the wall, I could feel the wall crumble behind me, then the wall after that.

        "You bitch." I looked and saw that I was in the male from before room. I stood up and everything felt even slower than before, but me I felt normal kept going. She was the only one to seem to be going the same speed as me now. She smiled innocently and came at me, three punches took me down.

        I looked at her from the ground and everything around us started to go normal speed. She squatted down and lifted my head by pulling my hair up. She looked me straight in my eyes, "I'll train you, fool." I knew who she was, my eyes widen and my heart raced, she was the nurse.