Chapter 2: Amulets and armours

When Harry returned to Privet drive that day, it was already getting dark. The sun had almost disappeared from the horizon and the familiar crispy, cold air that accompanied the night had already filled the atmosphere.

He pushed the front door open and immediately walked up the stairs to his bedroom. In the downstairs area, he could hear Dudley and his uncle arguing about something on the telly and his aunt bustling around in the kitchen making dinner.

He quietly shut the door to his room -not that it mattered with how much noise was being created downstairs- and fell heavily onto the bed with a groan. Perhaps he had not thought through this whole 'getting into shape' idea. He was covered in sweat and every muscle in his body ached.

After allowing himself to lie still for a few moments, he walked towards his small and battered wardrobe and proceeded to remove another set of baggy clothing to wear. Closing the drapes, he quickly changed out of his sweaty clothes and just when he was about to kick them into the hamper, his ears were filled with a humming noise and the dull sound of metal thumping could be heard.

The amulet!

He was honestly surprised he had forgotten about it. The strange item was mysterious enough to capture his mind into endless thought over what it could be. However he supposed he was simply distracted. It was of course a welcome change to having his mind occupied over the events of the past year. Fishing the amulet out, he tossed his dirty clothes in the hamper and sat down on his small and old bed with a thud.

It really was an odd trinket. He set it down beside him on his thin blanket and spun it around with one finger. The blue glow that originated from it produced shadows on the walls in the somewhat dark room.

His mind worked furiously to try and work out what it was and the notion that Voldemort could have set this up was a thought he often brushed away. The amulet wasn't from the wizarding world. It was different. Nothing like he had ever seen before. While others may argue he hadn't seen everything the wizarding world contained, he was sure of the conclusion he had come to. It was so unlike anything you would find. The power and aura it gave of was almost alien like or far more ancient then anything anyone had ever encountered before. It didn't hold the same dull grey glow aura surrounding that he would see around anything magical. No, it was so much brighter. Full of life and practically radiating power. Instead of the dull grey aura he had become accustomed to seeing whenever something from the wizarding world was placed in front of him, a dark blue one mixed with what seemed like strands of pure gold was seen instead.

He picked it up once again and held it against the light. His fingers gently brushed against the strange runes marked on the circumference and the amulet seemed to hum in his hands. The runes flashed bright white and merged together spinning and moving around until he could read them clear as day. Harry furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and slowly rotated it reading the words aloud.

"For the...glory of...Merlin...Daylight.. is mine to command?"

Before he could do anything else, the amulet suddenly freed itself from his hands and floated up to his eyes. A darker blue light flooded from it in short busts and encircled him. He could feel his feet being lifted of the ground, and suddenly he felt something large and heavy beginning to materialize upon him. His feet touched the ground and the odd metal that appeared on him suddenly pulsed with life and shrunk to perfectly encase his body.

Harry glanced down at his chest and hands as he attempted to figure out what happened. His whole body, barring his head seemed to be covered in a shimmering silver armour. He could still clearly see the amulet glowing on the left side of his chest as if it was simply another part of the armour. The material the armour was made up of seemed to move like water on his body as he took a few cautious steps around the room however, when he knocked on his stomach, he could hear the distinct clank of metal. The armour as well seemed to contain a beautifully etched design making it seem far to majestic and beautiful to be used in battle. He could see the blue glow from the amulet light up the etchings making the armour seem far more mystical and alive then any other armour he had ever seen before. Even the ones at Hogwarts seemed to pale in comparison.

Letting his hands fall back to his sides, Harry only had a seconds warning before a pulse of light erupted from his hands and he suddenly held a shimmering beautiful sword that glistened with energy. Like the armour, the sword seemed to shrink to a custom fit for him and while Harry was no sword expert- he had never actually used one unless you counted the short episode in the chamber of secrets- he knew the sword was perfectly balanced. Looking at it Harry estimated it was no longer then twenty-five centimetres in length. However, the blade was wider then the sword of Gryffindor had been. Somehow, Harry found he liked this design better. It reminded him of the medieval European swords he had seen in Dudley's video games. The swords the knights and princes always had on them clasped to their side ready to fight in times of danger. He guessed it suited. Kind of.

Finally regaining his ability to speak, Harry was only able to utter a breathy, " Wicked."

...Now how do I get this off?

---------------------------------------------------------HP-------------------------------------------------------------------

Downstairs, on the dark isolated setting of the streets, six eyes watched him from the shadows unblinking. They watched mesmerised as Harry activated the amulet and the armour materialised.

"The amulet has been activated. The next troll hunter has been set" A voice whispered quietly.