.11.

Savannah, Georgia
Toranae Richter

"Unc wil kill anyone for you niece." The crackhead in front of Abu's store said.

"Yeah, yeah. See ya later unc." I said getting in my car.

As I was about to drive off, Seven called me.

"Hello." I dragged as the facetime connected.

"Hey bestie, where you at."

"Out."

"Out where?"

"Chea." I said laughing

"Girl bye, A'Kees will kick yo ass."

As I was about to respond, I seen a little girl, wondering from behind Abu's store.

"I might be tripping but, I see a little girl coming from behind the corner store." I said getting out the car with my phone in my hand.

"Okay..." Seven said.

"What you mean, Okay? She probably lost."

"Go up to her." Seven said, looking in the camera.

"Nah, i'ma let her wonder around."

I went up to the little girl and I seen that she was crying. She look like she was about 4.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked squatting down to her level.

She just looked at me and held her head down. I took in what she was wearing. She had on a dingy white shirt, dirty light blue jeans, and white crocs with unicorn jibbitz on them.

Her hair was in a cute puff but you could tell that it's been like that for days.

"Where's your mommy?" I asked looking in her face.

"Gone."

"Well, you can't be out here. Do you wanna come with me to get some food and a bath and we can try to find mommy afterwards?" I stated.

She just nodded her head.

"What's your name?" I asked taking her hand.

"Kyla."

"Okay, Kyla. How old are you."

"I'm 5."

"Okay, Ky, my name is Toranae but you can call me Tori." She just nodded her head.

With the few words she said, I could tell she talked very well. I had totally forgot that Seven was still on the phone. He didn't say anything until we got back in the car and I buckled her up.

"What you gon do with her, Tori?" He asked

"Uh, I'll keep her and i'ma try to find her peoples but, if I can't, i'll keep her." I said putting my seatbelt on and starting the car.

"I'ma come round your house to see her." He said smiling and I nodded then hung up.

————————————————————————

We had just got back from Walmart. I had to get her a few things. I got her underwear, a toothbrush, shirts, socks, pants, shorts, pajamas, a booster seat, and some snacks.

She talked a little in the store but only if i asked her a question.

I just pulled up home. I haven't told my folks yet but, I will once I get in the house.

I need my own apartment.

I took her out the car and grabbed the things I bought for her.

We went inside and I took her in my room, sat her on the tufon, and put on spongebob.

I went in my parents room and called Tahlil in there so, I could tell them.

"I was at the corner store, on the phone with Seven and I seen a little girl coming from behind the store. I got out to see if she needed help.

It looked like she been crying so I asked her where her mama was. She said that her mama was gone so, I got her and went to walmart to buy her some things. Her name is Kyla and shes 5." I stated while looking at them

"Where she at now?" My dad asked getting off the bed.

"She's in my room watching netflix."

"You plan on keeping her forever?" My mama asked.

"If I can't find her folks then, yes."

"You did a good thing. Ain't no telling what she been through." Tahlil said.

"Yeah, yall wanna see her?" I asked

They all got up and went inside my room.

"Kyla, this is my brother, my mama, and my pops." She just waved and looked at all them.

"Hey Kyla." They all said smiling.

"Can I take her to play the game?" Tahlil asked

"After she eats, sure." I said

I decided to bathe her because ain't no telling how long she's been in those clothes. I took her in the bathroom and asked her if she wanted me to wash her. She shook her head yes. I grabbed the jojoba oil dove soap.

( A/N:It smells just like jergens.)

I washed her about 3 times. I took her out the bathtub and put lotion on her. I put her on some lounge clothes because it was still too early to put on pajamas.

She brushed her teeth and I decided that I was gonna fix her hair up. I put her hair into 2 puffs, being sure to not make them too tight.

I sat her on my bad so she can watch what she watching. I got on my phone and doordash her a happy meal.

#mommyduties

I then text the group chat to tell them what happened. They said they were on their way.

It's still ftk but not fuck kyla.

Vote & Comment