Chapter 26

The whole week my two best friends have been at their summer camp, I've done nothing but worry. The pit in my stomach was churning like the ocean before a tsunami, constantly keeping me up at night and from focusing on my work. Mic and keep in contact, texting each other at least once a day and keeping each other updated on what's going on. Mic is constantly assuring me that the others are perfectly ok, that Shota gives him updates on everything at night via a quick text. But even Mic has his worries, as he's expressed to me sometimes. 

Currently, I was helping Masaru with dinner. Mitsuki was still at work but should be getting home soon. Masaru and I were having a very interesting conversation, well, more like he was recounting all of Katsuki's embarrassing childhood memories.

"And then he proceeded to strip out of all his clothes before running around the house screaming 'freedom!' while Mitsuki chased him." Masaru laughed out. I laughed along, helping him plate the food right as the front door opened.

"I'm back! Something smells good!" Mitsuki called out as she stepped into the house. I could hear the front door close before the sounds of footsteps approached the kitchen and dining area. 

"Hey, sweetie! Dinners just finished." Masaru said gently, pulling his wife into a sweet embrace and gently pecking her on the cheek. Mitsuki blushed slightly before aggressively shoving her husband off, though her smile showed she wasn't actually mad. Masaru just laughed before grabbing two plates to set on the table. 

I grabbed the last plate, saying a quick greeting to the blond before taking a seat at the table myself. Mitsuki joined us, sitting next to her husband and pushing the second plate to sit in front of her. Now seated, everyone dug into the food rather quickly, wanting to eat the delicious food while it was still warm.

About halfway through dinner, Mitsuki's cell phone rang. Seeing as she rarely gave out her personal number, she quickly pulled out her phone and answered it thinking it was a work emergency. She answered quickly before silently listening to the person on the other end of the line. Masaru and I watched as her face slowly shifted from frustrated to shock to pure worry. Tears were gathering up in her eyes as she listened, a hand going up o cover her mouth as a sob broke free.

Masaru was quick to move, reaching over and pulling his clearly distraught wife into his arms as he rubbed a hand up and down her back. Though Mitsuki didn't even seem to notice, too focused on what was being said over the phone.

"N-now?" Mitsuki's broken voice finally spoke. "Ok, we're on our way." She whispered before hanging up and breaking down. Masaru tried his best to comfort his wife but she was too lost in herself to notice her husband's arms around her. 

"Dear? Is everything alright? What's going on? Where are we going?" Masaru asked gently, still trying to comfort his wife. She tried to answer but couldn't get anything past the sobs wreaking her body.

That feeling in my gut suddenly grew, making me feel physically ill. My stomach was churning violently as my mind made up scenario after scenario. I was biting my lip, glancing around the room nervously as Mitsuki continued to sob.

Suddenly, my own phone rang from within my pocket, shocking me out of my thoughts as I quickly ripped my phone free from my pocket. A quick glance at the caller ID had my worry skyrocketing. I don't think I've answered a phone call faster than that before.

"Mic? What's wrong?" I answered immediately, worry knawing at my insides.

"Seems you were right yet again kid. Aizawa just called me. Seems the League of Villians somehow found out the location of the summer camp and attacked." Mic sighed out, the stress heavy in his voice. I could feel my eyes widening as my stomach lurched.