one - "you forgot?"

"What are you talking about? What's today?" He glared at me with a confused look. He forgot my birthday. My own boyfriend forgot my fucking birthday.

"Nevermind, forget it." My voice was monotone. I wanted to figure it out on his own.

"What is wrong with you today?" He said annoyed.

"Why are you being such a bitch?" He added. I turned around and headed towards the bedroom door just as my friend pushed it open.

Is he serious?

She squealed. "Eek! Happy birthday, girl!!" She shoves her present in my hands as I glance over to my boyfriend.

His face fell in realization. "Baby, hold on." He struggled to get off the bed and stumbled to get to me.

Who's the bitch now?

My girlfriend gave me a confused look as I grabbed her arm and dragged us out. I really didn't want to deal with him.

                                     •----------•
                                 later that night

Approaching our apartment door, I shuffled through my purse and could not find my keys. I sighed heavily and grabbed my phone instead, fixing to text my boyfriend to open the door.

As I opened messenger, I heard the door unlock and crack open. He must've looked through the peephole.

"Hi, baby." I stayed quiet as he opened the door fully and stepped aside.

As I was walking through, I saw candles lit on a glass table with a plate of pie and a bowl of ice cream.

"I know you like to eat dessert first." The silence was hard to bare. I stared at the table for a moment as he opened his mouth to speak again.

__________________________