Learning about the Past and the Luminary

Upon finally getting away from the other villagers, Gemma and Kami finally reach the white haired boy's house and walk in. Immediately the scent of spices and meat and other smoky, delicious smells hits their noses.

Kami: "Ahh that smells so delicious! Thanks mom!" Leaning down and kissing his mother on the cheek, Kami quickly takes off his large coat hangs it on one of the hooks by his bed, right next to the dried meat that hung over his bed. Setting the table and getting other things sorted out, Kami's mind wasn't entirely focused on the task he was busying himself with. He was still stuck on the lightning bolt that came from his hand. Finally shaking his head and bringing himself back from the rather intriguing thought, Kami sits down at the table with his mom and childhood friend.

Amber(Mom): "I'm gonna be honest, when I heard that a lightning bolt struck near the top of the Tor, I was worried that something happened to the two of you." Amber sounded worried for a bit but immediately hops back into her normal, cheerful self... Until Gemma told the truth.

Gemma: "Actually about that, the lightning bolt came from Kami, his mark was glowing and I still feel a little tingle in my arm because the bolt grazed me." Dropping her fork, Amber tears up while her eyes go wide.

Amber: "W-what? Oh dear... Kami, I'm gonna tell you something that no one else in the entire village knows.. Your grandfather found you in the river, you know that... But what you don't know, is that, according to your grandfather.... This came along with you..." She pulls out a piece of cloth that had been folded over something...

" She pulls out a piece of cloth that had been folded over something

Amber: "This is the necklace of the Luminary... And you, are the reincarnation of the Luminary..." Feeling his own eyes go wide with surprise, Kami slowly reaches out and grabs the necklace before staring down at it.

Kami: "I'm.... The Luminary reincarnation? But that's crazy! The Luminary is an awesome hero who's recognized by everyone and anyone. Me? I just learned my first spell! I can't possibly be the Luminary..." Amber stands and hugs her adopted child, tears were now flowing down her cheeks at a steady pace.

Amber: "Your grandfather said that once you were of age, that you would have to go to Heliodor, show this to the King and everything would become clear... About as clear as mud from my perspective..."

~/-----------------------/~

It's been a few hours since, and the sun has gone down a while ago. Kami sat on his bed staring at the necklace that hung in his hand. He was going to go to Heliodor in a few hours to find out what all of this meant... But, something in his gut told him that it wasn't going to be an easy explanation and then be on his way to do whatever. Kami didn't want to leave anyone behind, especially Gemma. They had done everything together, but this.... This was something that he couldn't do with her, it wouldn't feel fair to ask her to accompany him. Standing up and pulling on his coat, Kami walks outside and wanders around. It was easy to understand why he couldn't sleep, this village was the only thing he had ever known, he barely went beyond their lands... But now, he was forced to go to the royal capital and talk to people he never met... It was scary, but... It was something he would dwell on later, as he found himself standing at the bottom of the hilled tree that had a peculiar root wrapped around it... And there, staring up at the branches of the tree was Gemma. Taking in a deep breath, Kami steels his nerves as best he could before approaching her.

Kami: "Hey Gemma... Remembering when we first met each other? Got your scarf down from that very branch..." He laughed but Gemma stayed silent, as if she was ignoring him. "Hey look.... I'm sorry but I gotta know what my grandpa meant by all that... I still can't get my head wrapped around it..." Gemma finally turned around to face him, tear were pooling in Kami's eyes. He felt scared that this was going to be the last time he'll ever see Gemma, his best friend... Gemma walked towards him before throwing her arms around him in a near desperate hug. She was also terrified, there was no doubt in either of their minds that this journey would be dangerous. This could be the last conversation they ever have and they wanted to make it last... But there was nothing to say that wasn't already implied or said.

Gemma: "I'm sorry Kami... I don't know what to say..." She stands on her toes before planting a kiss on his cheek as tears flow down both of their faces. "Goodbye.... Old friend..." With tears streaming down her face, Gemma runs off back to her house while Kami stands there watching her run off... After a few moments of painful silence, Kami returns home and rests but doesn't feel rested when he awakens in the morning.

~/--------------------------/~

Upon waking up to the sound of utter silence except for the muffled chatter of the village outside, Kami stretches out his limbs, hearing a few pops and cracks before he pulls on his coat and satchels. Making sure his sword is firmly attached to his back, Kami also restock on his dried meat before walking out the door. As he goes to close the door behind him, he sees a note saying for him to meet his mom at the northern entrance to Cobblestone. With everything finally sinking in, Kami starts to walk a bit more confidently towards the northern entrance to meet his mom. Upon reaching it, he sees his mom holding a bag full of what appears to be food and other similar items. After a brief talk with his mom, he walks towards the others who were waiting outside of the entrance for him.

Dunstan(Village leader): "Ah look at you, growing up so quickly, it's a shame that your grandpa couldn't watch you grow... To think it's been so many years since your grandpa found you flo--- I mean since he brought you to Cobblestone! We honestly never thought there was anything out of the ordinary with you but now there's talk about you being the reincarnation of the Luminary of all things! It's not that we doubt your grandpa, but it's a bit of a hard pill to swallow! But when you get to Heliodor, make sure to put in a good word with the King about ol' Cobblestone ok?" Both Kami and Dunstan share a laugh but feeling a bit less burdened, Kami nods before Dunstan continues. "We may not be able to help you with any knowledge but take this map of Erdrea with you, it'll certainly help you out!"

After receiving the map, a soft clip-clop was heard approaching the soon to be hero. Turning around, Kami sees Cobblestone's pride and joy horse. Quickly mounting it, Kami situates himself as if doing this was natural.

Dunstan: "You should find Heliodor easily enough. Just head north out of the village and follow your nose." Sniffling, Amber looks up at Kami while wiping her eyes.

Amber: "You travel safely now, you've always been a good kid. And you better come back in one piece!" The village started yelling out their own goodbyes, Kami even started to turn away but a familiar voice called out, telling him to wait.

Gemma: "I know it isn't much, but please take this with you! I made it just for you!" Reaching out, Gemma hands over the charm she made and Kami immediately puts it on. "You've gotta be careful ok? Keep it close, it'll keep you safe from all those monsters out there."

Kami: "I'll be sure to do that. But you're gonna have to hold onto this for me then." Opening the little bag on his chest, Kami hands Gemma a rather decorative dagger that looked rather sturdy but still very sharp.

" Opening the little bag on his chest, Kami hands Gemma a rather decorative dagger that looked rather sturdy but still very sharp

Gemma: "Alright... I promise, but do one more thing for me... Don't forget us.. Don't forget me ok? And make sure to visit when you can! Remember, we'll be here waiting for you!" Kami nods and starts riding off towards Heliodor where he will start his journey to becoming someone worthy of the title of Luminary.