! In Her Head !

Warnings: childhood trauma, abuse, slight gore

Summary: The Day Union and Night Coalition live in harmony in the Day City. One night, Great has an oddly vivid dream where he had a closer look inside Horrid's dark and twisted childhood...

Thanks to my two co-writers for helping! They came up with the plot and I wrote the outline for the story!
//////////

The fast approaching sunset in the city made civilians anxious. Before the nights surrendered and renewed their evil ways, it was a rule to stay indoors after dark to avoid night monsters. Now, the night monsters can be seen helping the civilians with errands and tasks.

The supreme leader, Great, had less and less work now. His sleeping schedule was finally settling down into a pattern. But tonight was different.

Instead of his usual sleep, he had trouble falling asleep. He got up to go to his bathroom and opened a cabinet containing sleeping pills. He took one with water and laid in bed again, waiting.

//////////

Great opened his eyes. Everything around him was pitch black like the void. He looked around with a tinge of fear in his movements. He could faintly hear giggling in the darkness in front of him.

He raced towards the sound, desperate for an answer. The childish voice got louder, "Teehee! Come on! Hurry!" Great picked up his pace.

Then, a small figure in front of him appeared in his vision. He wasn't even out of breath, oddly enough. He slowed to a stop behind the figure, who was staring off into the distance with its back to him.

He was about to reach down to tap its shoulder, but then another voice joined in.

"Greetings Xiomara," a male voice called out. The figure bowed, "Greetings sir."

The owner of the male voice appeared in front of 'Xiomara'. Great gasped, yet his voice didn't make a sound in this... dimension.

Horrid stood tall over Xiomara, "Why were you not paying attention to operative Cheerless?" His tone held a dangerous undertone. Xiomara's head fell down to watch her 'father's' shoes, "I'm sorry sir."

Suddenly, in a flash, Xiomara was being lifted into the air by her arm, "If you can't listen to your higher ups, you're nothing to me. Leave my sight." He dropped her from the air, and she rolled onto her side, holding onto her arm that was bent in an awkward position.

Horrid kicked the small child, "Crying will get you nowhere. Leaders. Don't. Cry."

Xiomara swallowed her cries back, struggling to stand up and leave. Horrid turned onto his heel and left into the shadows. Xiomara's injured body dissipated into dust.

Then, Great heard her voice again, this time it was slightly quieter and controlled. "Oh no! No! No no no no no no no no no no! NO!" The panic in her voice raised every word.

"He's going to kill me when he finds out!" Xiomara's panicked voice shouted. Great walked further, trying to find the little girl again. This time, she was kneeled on the ground, hovering over a pile of shattered pieces of a mirror.

Heavy footsteps could be heard entering the scene. Horrid appeared from the shadows once again. He looked down at the broken pieces. Xiomara saw his purple eyes shine angrily in the reflection of the shards. Her teardrops only fell harder.

Horrid stomped his shoe on top of Xiomara's head, down onto the pile of sharp pieces, "You insolent child! Look what you've done!" She sobbed once his shoe was away from her. Horrid gave her one disgusted look as he left, "And what did I tell you about crying?"