TWO | SEPTEMBER

This chapter contains toxic and abusive behavior. Please do not continue reading if you feel uncomfortable.

________

September.

"I can't even believe we're about to graduate... it'll be our final year and then we're off," Daphne Greengrass spoke with a cheery voice as she slid into the large train compartment next to Pansy Parkinson.

"Make room—"

Theodore, Draco, and Blaise all appeared at the entrance, and Theo waved his hand in encouragement for the two girls to slide over so that he and Malfoy could take a seat beside them.

Lorelei and Luca made room on their side as well for Blaise to join them.

"Isn't there a party tonight? You know— after the feast?" Daphne laid her arms on the table in front of her and clasped her hands together.

"Isn't there always?" Draco gave a sigh as if he was disappointed, which was much different than his usual reply.

Lorelei wouldn't know that though. She didn't really know any of these people other than her boyfriend. As soon as the couple started dating, she dropped all of her friends and became 'friends' with his. It was no secret that the majority of them weren't fond of her. The Williams family wasn't exactly like the rest of theirs... they were just... different.

Time passed, conversations grew boring, and eventually Lorelei was asleep with her head against her boyfriend's shoulder while the others engaged in their own ways to make themselves busy.

"I'm going to go see if I can find Flint and Pucey..." Luca gave a nod toward the compartment door as he spoke, causing his friends to glance up at him.

"You're going to wake your girlfriend, Monroe," Pansy stared at Lorelei before she made eye contact with Luca. She spoke with a low and sarcastic voice, but no one really picked up on it.

The dark-haired boy chuckled and looked at the girl across from him. "She'll be fine," He gave a playful eye roll and slipped his shoulder out from beneath her head, just as Blaise stood up to let the boy out.

Lorelei's head moved to rest on the table, and it was clear that she was still asleep. Zabini sat back down once Luca had left, but it wasn't a minute more before the girl in the seat beside him began to stir, slowly waking up from her mid-day nap.

Pansy gave a non-discrete eye roll and gave Theo a tap on the shoulder, gesturing for him and Draco to move so that she could get out as well.

The boys lazily complied and sent her half-annoyed looks upon having to get up, but she didn't make it past the compartment door without being questioned.

"—And where do you think you're off to?" Daphne sent her friend a puzzled glance and shut the cover of the book she'd been reading.

"...bathroom," The girl gave a weak smile toward her blond friend before redirecting her attention to Lorelei once more, feeling irked that she wasn't even focused on the fact she was leaving. Pansy reveled in the attention, but rarely was it given to her.

She turned and left without another word, feeling as if she'd succeeded and failed all at the same time when it came to messing with the girl's head.