Chapter 14 - Normal

I groan from my massive headache, slowly opening my eyes to see my metal hand was stuck in some sort of contraption, I could see Bucky's hand sticking through on my side.

I look up to see Steve walking in, "Steve." I whimper, terrified on what's going on.

"Which Bucky and Y/N am I talking to?"

"Your moms name is Sarah...you used to wear newspapers in your shoes " Bucky smiles.

"We...we used to build forts in the living room when we were scared or sad. After mom died we made a fort and listened to the radio....eating tons of junk food. I thought the amount of sugar would kill you." I slightly chuckle.

"Can't read that in a museum." Steve says to the other man.

"Just like that, we're suppose to be cool?"

"What did we do?" Bucky asks.

"Enough."

I close my eyes and shake my head, tears falling onto my knees as I speak. "Oh, God, I knew this would happen. Everything Hydra  put inside us is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words."

"Who was he?"

"We don't know." Bucky whispers.

"People are dead. The bombing, the setup. The doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you both. I need you to do better than: you don't know."

"He wanted to know about Siberia. Where we were kept. He wanted to know exactly where." Bucky tilts his head.

"Why would he need to know that?"

I look up grimly, "Because we're not the only Winter Soldiers."

Steve let's Bucky and I out of the contraption holding our arms. I softly smile as Steve pulls me in and hugs me. He steps back and looks over at Bucky. "Who were they?"

"Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in Hydra history. And that was before the serum."

"They all turn out like you?" The other man asks.

"Worse." I nod.

"The doctor, could he control them?"

"Enough." Bucky nods.

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall."

"With these guys he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize, They can take a whole country down in one night. You'd never see them coming." I say as Bucky grabs my hand.

Steve and the other man turn to each other, Bucky helps me up and holds the side of my face. "We're gonna stop him...it's gonna be alright."

"I hope so, Bucky."

We take a short car ride to an underpass, Steve got out I meet with a blonde lady. She seemed familiar.

"Can you move your seat up?" Bucky asks the man I learned was named Sam.

"No."

"Bucky...switch seats with me." I smile and place my hand on his knee.

"It's okay, doll." He reassures me.

I look back outside to see the woman and Steve were kissing. "Oh...for fuck's sake." I sigh in annoyance. I look back up to see Steve loading some gear in the trunk, he gets in and hands me my backpack. "Really Steve?" I ask as he shyly looks back at me.

"What?"

"I don't even know the woman and I can tell somethings up with her." I point. "Seems shady."

"Stop being so paranoid...You owe her an apology. You tried to kill her." Steve starts the car up.

"I don't owe her shit." I mutter under my breath, opening my backpack to see all our money and suits was still there.

"Doll." Bucky smirks.

I roll my eyes and hand him the backpack as I take out a granola bar, I scoot forward and turn to Steve. "Stevie?" I pause as Steve sighs happily, a soft smile spreads across his face as he stares at the road. "What?"

"I just...I haven't heard you call me that name in a long time." He looks down at me. "I missed you."

I smile up at him and open the granola bar, shoving it in his hand. "Eat."

"That part of you hasn't changed." Steve chuckles. He looks over as Sam looks back at me confused. "When we were kids...she always was forcing me to eat. Said that I'd get big and strong if I eat everything on my plate...she also just loves food."

"Here." I hold up a granola bar to Sam. "Don't worry, I just bought them like three days ago." As Sam goes to grab it, I pull it back. "Move your seat up." I knew he was hungry so I thought I'd mess with him. Sam rolls his eyes and moves his seat up a little bit, then grabbing the granola bar from my hands.

I was starting to feel "Normal" around Steve...like nothing ever happened.

Well...besides being a wanted assassin, I felt somewhat okay.