𝐈; 𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐞

I would rather know tenderness than spite, I would rather know mercy than death

I would rather know tenderness than spite, I would rather know mercy than death. Yet my vengeance will triumph over all, and I know the world to be lucky that no one has provoked such a need for it- yet.
I am fortunate to have been able to keep my kindness and patience, to keep my hope and my pride, to keep my delighted giggles and soft hands.
I know others have not had such a blessing. I hope that my luck doesn't run out.

Though sometimes, I worry I've cheated death too many times and soon his patience will wear thin. After everything, what if he will take me home as I sleep? It would be a blessing, I suppose. Quick and easy, but a terrible waste. Perhaps the biggest tragedy and squander of all is to die young, ignorant and unloved. I imagine that I am loved by my sister, an obligatory type of love. My group, of course is very fond of me- I expect because I'm a permanent comfort; but I am not cherished. I love them all nonetheless.

Drowsily, I eyed myself in the mirror of the van, snapping out of my morbid thoughts. Even the end of the world did not rob me of my vanity and so I swiped the mascara brush over my eyelashes hastily, finishing with blush pink lipstick; all of which Maggie scavenged for me on trips out.
If anything went wrong, I would simply hate to have an ugly corpse.

My hazel eyes dragged along the blur of trees as we passed them by, their yawning forms casting a threatening shadows over the road. The sun was beginning to set, unable to wait to leave us vulnerable in the frigid night. We were running out of time to get Maggie to Hilltop- Rick wouldn't tell me, but I know. The surety in his glassy eyes had faded into panic and desperation, I just wish he was better at hiding it. My heart sank warily at the first disruption of our journey thanks to the saviours, and it hasn't healed since. I barely spoke to Maggie, terrified she would try to say goodbye to me; perhaps I am selfish, but I need my sister here with me.

The cowardly sun did set, and my bravery along with it. The worst case scenario that I feared had come true, for here we all knelt in a line of cruelty, waiting for some impossible hero.
Fear and darkness suffocated us all, the only sound being the wicked chuckles of the saviours and our own heavy breathing. The air even smelled wrong- like the dread and unease of a hospital waiting room.

Skittishly, I glanced along the line, taking everyone
in. Rick and Maggie flanked me, I saw that Glenn dared not take his eyes from Maggie, as if it were the lsst time he'd see her; perhaps it was. Rick trembled beside me, and I knew that we'd been beat. Though Carl knelt straight, tough as shit per usual- I almost resented him for it. Everyone else seemed to share my level of terror, even Eugene. Eugene- I will kill him myself. All of them.
"Ready to meet the man?" One of the saviours- Simon- smiled smugly to himself as he tapped the van in front of us.
Whoever is to come out of that door, I swear that he will be dead at my feet.

AUTHORS NOTE.
I know this is short, the length of the chapters will vary depending on what is happening.
Don't point out plot holes this is just for fun its not meant to be new york times best selling LMFAO
but I hope you enjoy<3