The First Punishment

A light breeze fans my exposed arms. 

"Ella. Hey, wa... up." 

Someone's trying to contact me, oh well. I sigh deeply and turn to my side, drifting rapidly back into the comfort of my dreams.

"Ella la.. warni..., ge... the fuck up." 

Huh? A few moments pass while I contemplate between reality and fantasy, what's going on? Is that annoyingly steady and controlling voice one of my brothers? No, probably a conversation I'm missing in my dream...

WAIT. THAT'S NATHAN-

My brain catches up to my current surroundings but before I can avoid a punishment by not waking up when he asked, my left arm is tugged harshly until I'm nearly off the bed and I lose all sense of deception as my body endures the overwhelming slam of whiplash as I am forcefully stood upright.

"What the fu-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." I am stood in front of Nathan's towering frame, his arms clutching my confused self by the shoulders. My eyes have barely adjusted to the hallway light and I manage to pull my left side free from his hold.

"Nathannn what are you doing?"

"Stop whining. Remember you are being punished, put some gym clothes on and be downstairs in ten."

"This is literally the equivalent to those abusive training camps."

"Get smart with that fucking mouth and I'll actually send you to one." He snaps and I go silent. Jesus. "Do you hear me?!" He questions. 

"Yeah. Okay." I mutter, tugging at my t-shirt. I squint to see him nod slightly before leaving my room, being considerate enough to shut the door behind him. 

What time is it?

I reach for the top shelf of my nightstand for my phone but realize it was confiscated last night. Sighing, I head to the bathroom and try not to think of why the hell he's going to make me do while I brush my teeth. This is going to be a long day.

After brushing my hair into a low side braid, I throw on some leggings and a long sleeve workout top with 4 minutes to spare. To piss him off I wait, sitting on the edge of my bed watching my clock like a five year old in time out. At 10 I hear him calling for me, but my patience from last night has worn thin and I decide to slowly walk down the stairs, taking my time. 

"Ella I swear to god, don't push me today." He threatens, as I hold his eye contact all the way down the stairs.

"You're the only one who's this upset Nathan, calm down." I smirk, pulling the card they always pull on me before realizing I still have an entire day of torture planned exclusively by my fucking favorites, Justin and Nathan. 

Did Evan and Brandon even talk to them? What happened to cutting me some slack?

"Get your ass down here right now." His tone firm, his finger pointing to the space in front of him. 

I move a little faster so I don't anger him and when I'm in front of him he pats the kitchen barstool twice, "was that so hard? Sit down while I explain." 

I do as he says and roll my eyes behind his back. He's cooking something on the stove while he talks, "you're going to do a little workout with me. I know you're in good shape so you shouldn't have much of an issue keeping up."

"What? Why am-"

"What did I tell you about interrupting?" He has the hypocrisy to say. My jaw ticks. I feel the anger boiling and it takes my palm clasping the chair edge until my knuckles go white for me to not lash out.