Ch 9- Encountering Zabuza and Sasuke got a WHAT from me?!

(Kakashi's POV Continued)

Thirty-five minutes had already passed, and by now Sasuke was just leaning against the side of the boat with Natalia's sleeping form in his arms. I caught him a couple times accidentally running his fingers through her hair. It was pretty hilarious to say the least, because he'd blink realizing what he was doing and then quickly stop. He started getting frustrated with himself that he kept accidentally doing it, and would stare down at his hand in a manner that looked like he was asking it "what the hell are you doing?!" Like I said, hilarious.

Sakura was still facing away from everyone, which I was thankful for, because it meant that Natalia could stay asleep in peace without any yells from her about how she was in Sasuke's arms. Naruto was just the usual Naruto. He'd turn around to us but then constantly face the front of the boat again from his excitement for traveling.

As we made our way through the sea, we noticed the fog surrounding us, making Sakura point out, "This fog's so thick, you can't see anything."

For some reason Naruto started sniffing the air.

"The bridge isn't far now. Our destination's just ahead, the Land of Waves," the rower informed us, making everyone face each other again.

Of course, this meant that Sakura finally laid eyes on Natalia in Sasuke's arms, so she dramatically gasped. Right when she was about to speak, I raised my hand to stop her, "Sakura. Don't say a word. She needs to sleep right now so she's not tired later on."

She raised a brow and calmed herself down, "Why does she need to sleep right now? And why would she get tired later?"

I sighed, "She takes pills every day that suppress her chakra. They're necessary because she can't control all of the chakra she has yet, because it's too much for her small body to handle and she can't shroud it enough for enemies not to detect her. The only problem with the pills is that she gets side-effects from them. Drowsiness, headaches, and apparently hot flashes too, although they're rare and I've never seen it happen before." Both hers and Naruto's jaws slightly slacked from this. I then added, "That's why I let her take naps whenever possible. And why I often tell you two specifically to keep your voices down because of her headaches." They both made "ohhhhh" faces. Sasuke rolled his eyes at them.

We then approached the bridge and Naruto decided to be loud, even though I had just told him not to.

"Woah! It's huge!" he shouted. Sasuke smacked him on the back, and we all shot him "are you serious" looks. He slapped his palms over his mouth trying to stay quiet.

This of course woke Natalia up and she muttered, "That's what she said." We all either facepalmed or sweatdropped. Well, besides Naruto, he just looked confused. Natalia merely giggled and finally opened her eyes. Once she did, they widened and she jerked away from Sasuke. "Um what?"

Sasuke answered her, "You fell asleep on me."

"And you actually held me?"

He shrugged, "I wasn't just going to let you fall or wake you up."

A flush krept up her face, "Oh. Well um, thanks." He nodded in reply.

I then felt the need to finally question Tazuna, "Mr. Tazuna... before we reach the pier, I want to ask you something. The men who are after you, I need to know why. If you don't tell us, I'm afraid I'll have to end this mission when we drop you ashore."

After a few silent moments, Tazuna finally gave in, "I have no choice but to tell you. No, I want you to know the truth. Like you said this is beyond the scope of the original mission. The one who seeks my life is a very short man who you've heard of before, since you spoke of him earlier." My brows knitted together. "He's one of the wealthiest men in the world. The shipping magnet, Gato."