Chapter One: Amber

And he was standing there. Stood under the amber light, illuminating his honey-blond hair. The evening had just began, for the sun had accepted its duty was done for the night. But a detective's work is never done.

In the city of Central Hyrule, more and more crimes were being committed daily. Stabbing, shootings, muggings, you name it. The streets were becoming more dangerous than ever before, to the point you couldn't walk alone. The city was always bustling during the day. During the night it was a ghost town. Not a single person dared walk alone. The only sounds were distant cries for help, or gunshots. Not the ideal place, or time for a young woman to be strolling down, alone. This young woman had just finished her shift at her part time job. She was a barista while she was working for her college degree. This young woman's name was Zelda. She walked casually to the nearest bus stop, and checked the times. A bus would arrive in around 5 minutes, which was not too long a wait. So she stood at the bus stop and waited.
And waited.
And waited.

But it didn't arrive.
"I suppose I'll be walking home, then." With a reluctant sigh, she slowly began her long trek to Northern Hyrule, a 30 mile walk from where she was now. She was focused on her cracked phone, trying to pick a song to help her forget about the distance. But suddenly...

"Hey, be careful! Watch where you're going."
A young man was stood in front of Zelda. His eyes were like pristine azure pools, staring into her own emerald eyes. As soon as she looked up towards this man, she winced. Her phone was no longer in her hand, as the voice had startled her enough to the point that it slipped from her admittedly loose grasp. She didn't bend, but she could tell that was the last hit it needed to be put out of order. 'Wonderful,' she thought to herself.
"I... I'm sorry. I should've focused on where I was walking. I truly apologize." she said. "Oh, no, it's okay... I didn't mean to say that. I'm sorry too. I just had a rough day, but I shouldn't have taken it out on you." It was at this point that the man noticed Zelda's now shattered phone on the concrete below. Swiftly, he dropped to the ground and picked it up, handing it to the girl. "Oh, thank you." She tried to turn it on, but all that appeared was a few colors.

"I guess I need to get a new one, huh..."
She was thinking aloud more than anything else, but the man simply said "Don't worry about it. I'll pay for the damages. It's my fault it broke, I should've been paying attention too. How much will a new one cost?"
She was really surprised, and also somewhat touched. This... stranger had just offered to get her a new phone. It made her feel warm, out on this cool summer's night. "Oh, no, please- it's not your fault! I can..." she began to say, but trailed off. She couldn't buy a new one. She couldn't afford it. But Zelda didn't want to take this man's hard earned money.

"Please, Ma'am. I'd feel terrible if I didn't compensate you. How much?"
She was torn up. A new phone... but it was someone else's work. She decided to just agree. "Oh, it's Zelda, by the way. And it was... $250? But I wouldn't be okay taking that much! I promise!" He looked at Zelda, and smiled. "I'll half it, then. I think I have enough notes on me for that." He opened his wallet and grabbed a few papers, before zipping it and putting it back into his pocket. As he pressed them into her hand, he shook it. "Link. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Miss Zelda."

She went a bit red. The hand shake was something she hadn't felt in a while, and it was strange, but she shook back and smiled. "Thank you so much, Link. I need to be on my way, though. The walk home is quite long." Her smile faded as she thought of the long journey ahead of her. She faced the ground. "I can drive you there."

"Pardon me?"
"I can drive you there. It's not safe here."
"But the distance... and wouldn't that make you late home?"
"It's not a problem. It wouldn't be right to leave you here."
"Are you sure? I really don't want to be a burden-"
"It's no problem at all. Just let me know where you need to be and I'll take you there."
"Thank you so much... this means the world to me, you know."

He chuckled, and beckoned her to follow as he began the short walk to his car. He opened it, and Zelda sat in the passenger side. "Where do you need to be?" He asked. "Oh, Northern Hyrule. If that's okay.. I can walk if you drop me off somewhere-" but he cut her off. "It's no hassle. That's where I need to be, as well. We'll be there in about 20 minutes, all things considered."

~*~*~*~*~

Once the car was outside of Zelda's house, she took a pencil and a piece of paper from her purse and wrote her email on it. "Here. I... I'd like to talk to you again." The paper had a little doodle of her smiling in the corner. He took it with a grin. "I'll email you when I'm home." She got out of the car and waved.

"Goodnight, Miss Zelda."

Hey gang! I'm back :o
For how long?
Nobody knows....
Anyway, I hope you enjoy! Stay hydrated :) <3